‘Ghostbusters’ 3 Looking for a New Director - Production to Start in 2015
By Sachin Trivedi | March 20, 2014 6:46 PM EST
The production of the highly anticipated "Ghostbusters" 3 movie hit another snag with the current director Ivan Reitman reportedly choosing to step down from the role and look for a replacement. The death of his close friend is said to be the reason.
According to a report by Deadline the news of the death of Harold Ramis, who was both the star and co-writer of the original "Ghostbusters" movies, may have prompted Ivan Reitman to take the decision.
Another factor that may have played a role in his decision may have been the reluctance of Bill Murray, who was also a star cast in the original movies, to read the script of "Ghostbusters" 3 and commit to the movie. Ivan Reitman will now help Amy Pascal to find a new director to make the movie.
The two "Ghostbusters" movies were a big hit in the 1980s. The first movie, released in 1984, was made with an estimated budget of $32 million went on to collect over $230 million in the U.S. The second movie, released in 1989, was made with an estimated budget of $37 million and went on the collect over $112 million in the U.S.
The first movie traced the origins of the formation of the "Ghostbusters." In the movie a group of scientists had to leave their university in New York City after their research comes into question. They decide to go into the business of trapping ghosts. They eventually come across a gateway to another dimension through which a great evil enters the city to dominate the world.
The second movie focused on a new villain in the form of an ancient sorcerer who is attempting to be born again. The "Ghostbusters" were seen struggling with lawsuits and financial trouble as they try to save their friend Dana from becoming the unwilling mother of the evil sorcerer.
Expectations are high on the "Ghostbusters" 3 movie. The previous movies had delivered some of the best performances of the time from Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson.
The original "Ghostbusters" were joined by a great cast in each movie, most notably Rick Moranis, David Margulies and Peter MacNicol. The popularity of the movie series even helped start an animation series between 1986 and 1991 which had 7 seasons.
Will the upcoming "Ghostbusters" 3 be able to live up to the expectations of fans and match the success of the previous movies? Fans though are excited to see the popular series being brought back to life.
More Articles to Read
Rolling Stones Singer Mike Jagger's Girlfriend L'Wren Scott Dead - Was it a Suicide? [Read]
'Two Fat Ladies' Star Chef Clarissa Dickson Wright Dies at 66 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter