Gaming News: 'Titanfall' on Xbox 360 Delayed, 'Halo' from 343 Industries in the Works, Next 'Assassin’s Creed' Leaked
By Gel Galang | March 20, 2014 6:39 PM EST
While Titanfall on the Xbox One has been enjoying a good run and has been boosting the sales of the next-gen console, those who are looking forward to the game on the Xbox 360 would have to wait a little longer.
EA has recently announced that the delay, which now puts the release date of Titanfall to April 11, is needed to give developer Bluepoint Games some more time.
"We see a few things that can be made even better, so we're giving Bluepoint a little more time to do just that and deliver an epic Titanfall experience for Xbox 360 players," said EA's executive VP Patrick Soderlund over at the EA Blog. "The game will feature the same 6v6 gameplay, maps, modes, weapons and Burn Cards on the Xbox One and PC versions of the game."
It was announced early on that Bluepoint Games will be responsible for the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall. Polygon reported earlier that Respawn's Vince Zampella has revealed the fact a little later, adding that Bluepoint Games has been responsible for a number of games like a number of PlayStation ports including Metal Gear Solid HD and The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection.
Next Assassin's Creed location leaked?
The report states that one of the Assassin's Creed games slated for fall release may be set in 18th century. The game, code named Unity for the meantime, may be heading to the PS4 and Xbox One, while another Assassin's Creed may be solely for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
There has been talk of whether a game that's heading separately to the current and next-gen consoles is even a wise move. Ubisoft has received criticisms on the way it has been handling the Assassin's Creed franchise, wherein a lot of games targeting different devices have been released just recently.
Still, based on the leaked screenshots, which show the upcoming hero roaming in the new world, it does seem like a section of the next Assassin's Creed game will be looking at 18th century Paris. Is it one of the worlds that you expected for the location?
343 Industries posts 11 job vacancies related to Halo universe
The promised Halo game--the unconfirmed but still possible Halo 5--from 343 Industries seems to be continuing with production based on the new job vacancies that the developer has recently posted.
Spotted by VG 24/7, 11 job posts have been opened by 343 Industries for various positions, including Lead Multiplayer Level Designer, Sound Designer, Environment Artist and Senior Concept Artist.
There are a number of direct references, as in the case of the Lead Multiplayer Level Designer, who will be in charge of designing the multiplayer maps for the future FPS nature of the Halo universe. Another job ad, for the graphic designer is responsible for creating new features for the Halo franchise.
What do you think of 343 Industries' plans for the next Halo? Is it the Halo 5 that fans have been waiting for?
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report