Gaming News: 'Titanfall' on Xbox 360 Delayed, 'Halo' from 343 Industries in the Works, Next 'Assassin’s Creed' Leaked
By Gel Galang | March 20, 2014 6:39 PM EST
While Titanfall on the Xbox One has been enjoying a good run and has been boosting the sales of the next-gen console, those who are looking forward to the game on the Xbox 360 would have to wait a little longer.
EA has recently announced that the delay, which now puts the release date of Titanfall to April 11, is needed to give developer Bluepoint Games some more time.
"We see a few things that can be made even better, so we're giving Bluepoint a little more time to do just that and deliver an epic Titanfall experience for Xbox 360 players," said EA's executive VP Patrick Soderlund over at the EA Blog. "The game will feature the same 6v6 gameplay, maps, modes, weapons and Burn Cards on the Xbox One and PC versions of the game."
It was announced early on that Bluepoint Games will be responsible for the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall. Polygon reported earlier that Respawn's Vince Zampella has revealed the fact a little later, adding that Bluepoint Games has been responsible for a number of games like a number of PlayStation ports including Metal Gear Solid HD and The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection.
Next Assassin's Creed location leaked?
The report states that one of the Assassin's Creed games slated for fall release may be set in 18th century. The game, code named Unity for the meantime, may be heading to the PS4 and Xbox One, while another Assassin's Creed may be solely for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
There has been talk of whether a game that's heading separately to the current and next-gen consoles is even a wise move. Ubisoft has received criticisms on the way it has been handling the Assassin's Creed franchise, wherein a lot of games targeting different devices have been released just recently.
Still, based on the leaked screenshots, which show the upcoming hero roaming in the new world, it does seem like a section of the next Assassin's Creed game will be looking at 18th century Paris. Is it one of the worlds that you expected for the location?
343 Industries posts 11 job vacancies related to Halo universe
The promised Halo game--the unconfirmed but still possible Halo 5--from 343 Industries seems to be continuing with production based on the new job vacancies that the developer has recently posted.
Spotted by VG 24/7, 11 job posts have been opened by 343 Industries for various positions, including Lead Multiplayer Level Designer, Sound Designer, Environment Artist and Senior Concept Artist.
There are a number of direct references, as in the case of the Lead Multiplayer Level Designer, who will be in charge of designing the multiplayer maps for the future FPS nature of the Halo universe. Another job ad, for the graphic designer is responsible for creating new features for the Halo franchise.
What do you think of 343 Industries' plans for the next Halo? Is it the Halo 5 that fans have been waiting for?
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia