#CameraDuel: Nokia Challenges Sony to Battle of Cameras with Lumia 1020 vs. Xperia Z2
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 20, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Nokia may not be a major player in the Smartphone wars like Apple and Samsung, but the Microsoft-owned company is taking the game seriously, making headlines by waging a camera war against Sony's new flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2. Their bet, their newest flagship, the Nokia Lumia 1020.
On March 18, Sony posted a tweet saying "Picture-perfect moments deserve award-winning camera technology." Surprisingly, Nokia belted a reply "This town ain't big enough for the both of us," with a hashtag #CameraDuel.
— Nokia UK (@nokia_uk) March 18, 2014
Nokia UK's tweet is receiving plenty of attention, with fans and tech geeks alike watching if Sony will come back with a tweet to answer Nokia's pitting. One fan is even cheering for Nokia, posting a tweet of support and amazed with the person who maintaining the account for his or her aggressiveness to belt such aggressive statement.
Whoever Is responsible of maintaining this twitter account! You are specially #Amazing @nokia_uk — Achwaq Khalid (@AchwaqKhalid) March 19, 2014
Sony Xperia Z2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020: Which camera is best?
Sony is claiming to have "the world's best camera and camcorder" with its 20.7 megapixel camera and 4K video capture capable of creating cinematic video recording. Nokia Lumia 1020 on the other hand sports an impressive 41 megapixel primary camera using Carl Zeiss optics and packed with optical image stabilization-the technology Apple is rumoured to be implementing for their upcoming iPhone 6.
Nokia Lumia 1020's camera is indeed impressive. With massive megapixels and an OIS to boast, Sony's claim may be questioned if reviews after its release will be available. Recently, Nokia also pitted Apple's iPhone 5C against their version of the "true" affordable, the Nokia Lumia 520.
Is Nokia claiming its popularity back?
Nokia can be credited for starting a mobile revolution. Back to the heydays of the indestructible Nokia 3310, no brand can beat Nokia when it comes to popularity, and definitely, in worldwide sales. Not until the legendary Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone.
The rise of touch-screen phones made a major turnaround on Nokia's popularity and sales. The competition went tighter in the mobile market following Samsung's introduction of Android phones that dominated global sales for offering more affordable alternatives to Apple's iPhone. Nokia went into hiatus trying to get in into the competition, until Microsoft bought the company and reinvented Nokia to what it is today.
With Nokia's tweets aggressively comparing its products to the flagship of its competitors, is Nokia trying to regain its popularity by proving they have products worthy to be noticed? What are your thoughts?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet