First Samsung Galaxy S6 Concept Image Shows Off Aluminium, Rubberized Body
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 20, 2014 5:48 PM EST
It has not been long since Samsung unveiled its new flagship phone, Galaxy S5, but a concept image for its successor already emerged online.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 concept image was created by HS Design. According to Concept Phones, Samsung Galaxy S6 packed a casing made out of a combination of aluminium and rubber matte plastic. The plastic surrounded the edges, which is not bad. The edges were not so rounded.
The handset also packed a 5-inch screen display with 2K pixel resolution. Under the hood, the device will have a 4GB of RAM. At the back, the device will be equipped with 21 megapixel camera and a secondary 6 MP front facing camera for videocalls and iris scanner. The handset will be supplemented with 4,000 mAh battery.
Meanwhile, India Times reported that Samsung Galaxy S5's availability may be delayed due to production glitches. There were issues on the fitting of the lenses as the handset packed a new ISOCELL lens which comes with six elements which need to fit one on top of the other. The problem lied on the thinness of the device as it was not altered. Unfortunately, the thinness of the lens cannot be changed as even a slight alteration in the thinness may affect the quality of the photos. Also, one of Samsung's PCB manufacturing plants caught fire that affected the company's productivity.
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with new features such as fingerprint and heart sensors and the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. The device also packed the 64-bit quad core processor from Qualcomm clocked at 2.5 GHz. Moreover, the handset will pack a separate Adreno 330 graphics processor. However, to the dismay of many Samsung fans, the handset did not pack the rumoured metal casing and retained its plastic body. Samsung Galaxy S5 was set to roll out in more than 150 countries on April 11. However, the device may be delayed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys