Deepika Padukone Finalised for Karan Johar's 'Shuddhi'
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 20, 2014 5:36 PM EST
After endless deliberations, "Shuddhi' has finally got Deepika Padukone as its female lead.
According to a Times of India report, the leggy actress has been roped in for the love story, months after she expressed her desire to be a part of the same.
Deepika Padukone promotes ‘Ram-Leela’ at Radio Mirchi
But it has to be noted that Padukone's signing in has not yet been confirmed by Dharma Productions head Karan Johar.
The "Chennai Express" actress had earlier let out that Hrithik Roshan's association with the project seemed alluring to her. However, the actress had added that even if Roshan opt out from the project, she remains to be open to the offer if the filmmakers approached her.
And now, with Padukone being reportedly signed, looks like the actress' second wish of sharing screen space with the "Krrish 3" actor also could be fulfilled soon.
Recent reports have hinted that Roshan is likely to retrace his steps back into "Shuddhi," hinting faintly at the possible Padukone-Roshan pairing in the film.
The tabloid further claims that the actress will begin the shooting of "Shuddhi" by this year-end owing to her prior commitments. The 28-year-old will wrap up Shah Rukh Khan's "Happy New Year" and then move to Ranbir Kapoor starring "Window Seat" followed by Shoojit Sircar's "Piku."
The year-end shooting schedule of "Shuddhi" is quite likely since Karan Johar had earlier announced that film will release in Christmas 2015.
"Shuddhi" is set to be directed by Karan Malhotra of "Agneepath" fame, and is expected to be made on a lavish scale spanning various locations in the country. The film is rumoured to revolve around the subject of re-incarnation love story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff