Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan' Gets 'U' Rating; Film's Release Date to be Announced Soon
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 20, 2014 5:26 PM EST
Superstar Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" has received a clean 'U' certificate, without any cuts, from the censor board.
The first look poster of superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiyaan'
Mediaone Global, one of the banners that are producing "Kochadaiiyaan," has confirmed the news.
"We are happy to share that Tamil version film "Kochadaiiyaan" has recd censor approval with U certificate and without any cuts," Mediaone Global posted the message on their official twitter handle.
The film's release date is expected to be announced soon.
Earlier, the film's release date was announced as 11 April. However, there has been buzz that the release date might get pushed. The makers are yet to confirm as to when "Kochadaiiyaan" will be hitting the screens.
The film's release date will be announced by the end of this week, according to entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai.
Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first 3D film with motion-capturing techniques. The film has Deepika Padukone, Aadhi, Nassar, Shobana, Jackie Shroff and Sarathkumar in pivotal roles.
Recently, the film's music was released in a grand audio launch held in Chennai, for which "Kochadaiiyaan" cast and crew, Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan and several celebrities from the Tamil film industry attended. A large number of fans had also thronged the audio launch event to get a glimpse of their Thalaivar.
The songs, composed by AR Rahman, have turned out be chartbusters. The film's trailer that was also released during the audio launch has received positive feedback from fans. The trailer has received more than 30 lakh hits as on Thursday (20 March).
The epic drama flick is gearing up for a big release during summer. The Rajini starrer is likely to be released in six Indian languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Bhojpuri and Marathi.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence