‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers, Cast News: What is the Premiere Date? Show Gets a New Series Regular, Character to Play ‘Key Role’
By jaskiran kaur | March 20, 2014 5:09 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 4 is clearly one of the most anticipated shows of the year. Ever since the Emmy winning show came to an end in its season 3's shocking finale, fans have been anxious about what will become of the show when it returns after Brody's (Damian Lewis) death. Here are few spoilers for eager fans including details on the premiere date (speculations) and the new series regular and her role in the show. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read only if you wish to learn more about the show.
The latest update is that the show has gained a new series regular who will be appearing in "Homeland" Season 4. "Scandal" actress Nazanin Boniadi who played the role a Muslim CIA analyst named Fara Sherazi has been promoted to a series regular from a recurring cast member. Nazanin was first seen in "Homeland" Season 3 when Saul Berenson played by Mandy Patinkin hired her for her "expertise in international banking."
"Showtime and FOX 21 announced today that acclaimed actress Nazanin Boniadi, who guest-starred in season three of the Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning drama HOMELAND, will return as a series regular for season four," reports Spoiler TV.
In "Homeland" Season 4, Nazanin's character Fara will have "key role." She will be assisting the lead character Carrie Mathison (played by Claire Danes) at the CIA.
"These are characters we got to explore and enrich and see whether or not the show can withstand Brody's absence," told show's EP Alex Gansa, while speaking about Naznin Boniadi's promotion and also referring to guest star Tracy Letts (plays Senator Andrew Lockhart), as quoted by Hollywood Reporter.
Alex Gansa believes that these characters "made the show vital without that central character onstage."
Meanwhile, "Homeland" Season 4 airdate rumors are swirling around. Speculations by various media outlets reveal that fans can expect season four to premiere in the fall season of 2014. Looking at the premiere dates of "Homeland's" previous three seasons, the show can be expected to premiere anytime from "last week of September to the first two weeks of October," according to Latin Times.
Even though, premiere date of "Homeland" Season 4 is not yet revealed it said that after Brody's death, the show will follow life of Carrie who is now carrying Brody's child in her womb. Spoilers based on Alex Gansa's interview to TV Line, it is said that show may take Carrie to Istanbul with team of her own which will include Nazanin Boniadi's Fara. Carrie may now become a "case officer in a foreign country," as per her specialization. Her team may also include other already existing characters of "Homeland" like Quinn (Rupert Friend), Virgil (David Marciano) and Max (Maury Sterling).
For more spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate