‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers, Cast News: What is the Premiere Date? Show Gets a New Series Regular, Character to Play ‘Key Role’
By jaskiran kaur | March 20, 2014 5:09 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 4 is clearly one of the most anticipated shows of the year. Ever since the Emmy winning show came to an end in its season 3's shocking finale, fans have been anxious about what will become of the show when it returns after Brody's (Damian Lewis) death. Here are few spoilers for eager fans including details on the premiere date (speculations) and the new series regular and her role in the show. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read only if you wish to learn more about the show.
The latest update is that the show has gained a new series regular who will be appearing in "Homeland" Season 4. "Scandal" actress Nazanin Boniadi who played the role a Muslim CIA analyst named Fara Sherazi has been promoted to a series regular from a recurring cast member. Nazanin was first seen in "Homeland" Season 3 when Saul Berenson played by Mandy Patinkin hired her for her "expertise in international banking."
"Showtime and FOX 21 announced today that acclaimed actress Nazanin Boniadi, who guest-starred in season three of the Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning drama HOMELAND, will return as a series regular for season four," reports Spoiler TV.
In "Homeland" Season 4, Nazanin's character Fara will have "key role." She will be assisting the lead character Carrie Mathison (played by Claire Danes) at the CIA.
"These are characters we got to explore and enrich and see whether or not the show can withstand Brody's absence," told show's EP Alex Gansa, while speaking about Naznin Boniadi's promotion and also referring to guest star Tracy Letts (plays Senator Andrew Lockhart), as quoted by Hollywood Reporter.
Alex Gansa believes that these characters "made the show vital without that central character onstage."
Meanwhile, "Homeland" Season 4 airdate rumors are swirling around. Speculations by various media outlets reveal that fans can expect season four to premiere in the fall season of 2014. Looking at the premiere dates of "Homeland's" previous three seasons, the show can be expected to premiere anytime from "last week of September to the first two weeks of October," according to Latin Times.
Even though, premiere date of "Homeland" Season 4 is not yet revealed it said that after Brody's death, the show will follow life of Carrie who is now carrying Brody's child in her womb. Spoilers based on Alex Gansa's interview to TV Line, it is said that show may take Carrie to Istanbul with team of her own which will include Nazanin Boniadi's Fara. Carrie may now become a "case officer in a foreign country," as per her specialization. Her team may also include other already existing characters of "Homeland" like Quinn (Rupert Friend), Virgil (David Marciano) and Max (Maury Sterling).
For more spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]