Kane Evans in Blithe Spirit After Joining Sydney Roosters
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
After all the past tribulations and injury, prop Kane Evans is happy to join the Roosters.
Evans said, "It was pretty tough, what happened, then sustaining the injury a week later."
"To get out there and put it into action feels good. It's [sweeter now], especially with the coaching staff here helping me work on what I had to work on. I probably wasn't up to scratch last year in my defence and that gave me a lot of time to work on my defence. I'm grateful to have such a great coaching staff here."
"It's crazy to debut with players of this calibre, it's a dream come true. I didn't think I'd ever get an opportunity like this, I'm still buzzing."
Evans has been included in the five-man bench for the upcoming match with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.
Speaking of his debut, he said, "I had butterflies but a lot of the experienced players told me to just think about my own role."
"I'm blessed to be in a good team like the Roosters where you have got role models like Sonny [Bill Williams] and Jared [Waerea-Hargreaves] to show you the ropes."
"There was a lot of head noise but I just tried to put into action what they said."
Evans also represented New South Wales unde-20s, the Junior Kangaroos. He was also named the NSW cup team of the year.
Kevin, whose mother is a Fijian, was happy to have represented his country at the world cup for his first-grade debut, where he played 5 games.
He said, "It was an honour, I've been back to Fiji seven or eight times..."
"To go back there humbles me and to play for them is my dream."
A troubled start in the past with ankle injury in Newton Jets game, it now seems they were the boon in disguise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon