Kane Evans in Blithe Spirit After Joining Sydney Roosters
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
After all the past tribulations and injury, prop Kane Evans is happy to join the Roosters.
Evans said, "It was pretty tough, what happened, then sustaining the injury a week later."
"To get out there and put it into action feels good. It's [sweeter now], especially with the coaching staff here helping me work on what I had to work on. I probably wasn't up to scratch last year in my defence and that gave me a lot of time to work on my defence. I'm grateful to have such a great coaching staff here."
"It's crazy to debut with players of this calibre, it's a dream come true. I didn't think I'd ever get an opportunity like this, I'm still buzzing."
Evans has been included in the five-man bench for the upcoming match with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.
Speaking of his debut, he said, "I had butterflies but a lot of the experienced players told me to just think about my own role."
"I'm blessed to be in a good team like the Roosters where you have got role models like Sonny [Bill Williams] and Jared [Waerea-Hargreaves] to show you the ropes."
"There was a lot of head noise but I just tried to put into action what they said."
Evans also represented New South Wales unde-20s, the Junior Kangaroos. He was also named the NSW cup team of the year.
Kevin, whose mother is a Fijian, was happy to have represented his country at the world cup for his first-grade debut, where he played 5 games.
He said, "It was an honour, I've been back to Fiji seven or eight times..."
"To go back there humbles me and to play for them is my dream."
A troubled start in the past with ankle injury in Newton Jets game, it now seems they were the boon in disguise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid