Kane Evans in Blithe Spirit After Joining Sydney Roosters
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
After all the past tribulations and injury, prop Kane Evans is happy to join the Roosters.
Evans said, "It was pretty tough, what happened, then sustaining the injury a week later."
"To get out there and put it into action feels good. It's [sweeter now], especially with the coaching staff here helping me work on what I had to work on. I probably wasn't up to scratch last year in my defence and that gave me a lot of time to work on my defence. I'm grateful to have such a great coaching staff here."
"It's crazy to debut with players of this calibre, it's a dream come true. I didn't think I'd ever get an opportunity like this, I'm still buzzing."
Evans has been included in the five-man bench for the upcoming match with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.
Speaking of his debut, he said, "I had butterflies but a lot of the experienced players told me to just think about my own role."
"I'm blessed to be in a good team like the Roosters where you have got role models like Sonny [Bill Williams] and Jared [Waerea-Hargreaves] to show you the ropes."
"There was a lot of head noise but I just tried to put into action what they said."
Evans also represented New South Wales unde-20s, the Junior Kangaroos. He was also named the NSW cup team of the year.
Kevin, whose mother is a Fijian, was happy to have represented his country at the world cup for his first-grade debut, where he played 5 games.
He said, "It was an honour, I've been back to Fiji seven or eight times..."
"To go back there humbles me and to play for them is my dream."
A troubled start in the past with ankle injury in Newton Jets game, it now seems they were the boon in disguise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues