Justin Bieber Accused of Egging Neighbour’s House, Likely to ‘Buy’ Informal Probation
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 20, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Justin Bieber has been accused of egging his neighbour's house. The pop singer is expected to be charged for the criminal act but he may not face any trial.
REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dep
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber lifts his T-shirt, while in police custody in Miami Beach, Florida January 23, 2014 in this Miami Beach Police Department handout released to Reuters on March 4, 2014. Bieber was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after Miami Beach police say they caught him drag racing on January 23. Bieber pleaded not guilty to the charges. REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dept./Handout via Reuters
According to TMZ sources, Howard Weitzman, Bieber's lawyer, was contacted by the L.A. County D.A. He was asked to arrange a meeting to have a discussion over the damage caused by the egging incident. The damages caused by Bieber egging his neighbour's house are valued $20,000; his neighbour claims.
TMZ emphasised that the meeting would mainly focus on the payment of the damage amount. If the money is paid, there would be pleading no contest to misdemeanour vandalism. The pop sensation does not have to serve any jail time and will be on informal probation, TMZ reported. The meeting, if successful, will nip the case in the bud as it is going to be over even before it may start.
According to TMZ sources from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department and the D.A., there seems to be a conflict about the case between departments. While the sherriff insists on Bieber being charged with a felony, the D.A. does not agree. The D.A. disagrees with the sheriff, claiming that Bieber's act deserved to be charged with a felony since it was intentional and caused damage worth a significant amount. The D.A. does not think Bieber's act is severe enough. A misdemeanour charge may be more appropriate.
Mr Weitzman is yet to hold a meeting with the D.A., but the meeting is expected to take place any time. The case may well be resolved next week as $20,000 is pretty ordinary an amount for Bieber to "buy" informal probation. He may not prefer facing another legal action against him while he is already in the middle of a DUI case.
On the other hand, one may wonder what really goes in Bieber's mind when he does such childish act like egging his neighbour's house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related