'Terminator 5' News: New Title Like 'Terminator 2,' Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Replace Arnold Schwarzenegger?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 20, 2014 4:50 PM EST
In a recent interview, "Terminator" star Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed that "Terminator 5: Genesis" is very similar to the script of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." According to Collider, the former California governor will reprise his role as the deadly cyborg in the fifth installment of the sci-fi series. He has reportedly read the script and suggests that fans can expect the upcoming film to be along the lines of "Terminator 2."
"Terminator will have the exact same feel. The way the script reads, it has the same feel as Terminator 2," Schwarzenegger said. "It is big. There is hardcore action and it has some really great visual effects in there, but not over the top." He was also clear about refraining from visual effects overuse and said the movie will not have the kind of treatment the viewers experience with Thor, given that the director of Thor, Alan Taylor, is also at the helm of Terminator 5.
Schwarzenegger also suggested that the title "Terminator 5: Genesis" is still not 100% sure. "I do not know what the final title will be. As you can see with 'Sabotage,' when I read the script, it was entitled "Ten." You never know," the actor said. "Today, studios switch titles because everything has been tested. They will give an audience five titles, and then they will pick one."
However, KdramaStars reports to the contrary, claiming that Dwayne Johnson also known as "The Rock" might replace Arnold Schwazenegger as the mean machine who will terminate the lives of John Connor and his mom, Sarah. It reports that script writers Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are switching the storyline, confirming the iconic cyborg in the picture but one that is completely different from the old one and Johnson is being considered for the role.
"Incredibly, Arnold Schwarzenegger might not play the role of the machine in the upcoming film but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 40's or 50's with antiquated weapons by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeliness that was soon sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination," the insider reveals.
Terminator 5 is set to hit theaters in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect