'Terminator 5' News: New Title Like 'Terminator 2,' Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Replace Arnold Schwarzenegger?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 20, 2014 4:50 PM EST
In a recent interview, "Terminator" star Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed that "Terminator 5: Genesis" is very similar to the script of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." According to Collider, the former California governor will reprise his role as the deadly cyborg in the fifth installment of the sci-fi series. He has reportedly read the script and suggests that fans can expect the upcoming film to be along the lines of "Terminator 2."
"Terminator will have the exact same feel. The way the script reads, it has the same feel as Terminator 2," Schwarzenegger said. "It is big. There is hardcore action and it has some really great visual effects in there, but not over the top." He was also clear about refraining from visual effects overuse and said the movie will not have the kind of treatment the viewers experience with Thor, given that the director of Thor, Alan Taylor, is also at the helm of Terminator 5.
Schwarzenegger also suggested that the title "Terminator 5: Genesis" is still not 100% sure. "I do not know what the final title will be. As you can see with 'Sabotage,' when I read the script, it was entitled "Ten." You never know," the actor said. "Today, studios switch titles because everything has been tested. They will give an audience five titles, and then they will pick one."
However, KdramaStars reports to the contrary, claiming that Dwayne Johnson also known as "The Rock" might replace Arnold Schwazenegger as the mean machine who will terminate the lives of John Connor and his mom, Sarah. It reports that script writers Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are switching the storyline, confirming the iconic cyborg in the picture but one that is completely different from the old one and Johnson is being considered for the role.
"Incredibly, Arnold Schwarzenegger might not play the role of the machine in the upcoming film but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 40's or 50's with antiquated weapons by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeliness that was soon sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination," the insider reveals.
Terminator 5 is set to hit theaters in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS