The Rolling Stones Write Messages To Australian, Kiwi Fans Over Cancelled Shows; Tour Tipped For Reschedule In October
By Anne Lu | March 20, 2014 4:02 PM EST
UPDATE: The postponed dates have been rescheduled to hold sometime in “October/November 2014.” Refunds are available for those who can’t make it on the estimated dates.
The Rolling Stones have sent their messages to their Australian and Kiwi fans after the postponement of their shows. Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood have shown their support to bandmate Mick Jagger following his girlfriend L’Wren Scott’s death.
(L-R) Ronnie Wood, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform during their 14 on Fire concert at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore March 15, 2014. REUTERS/Tim Chong
The Australian and New Zealand dates of the English rockers’ “14 On Fire” tour were called off on Monday after it was learned that Scott, Jagger’s long-time girlfriend, had taken her own life at her apartment in New York.
The band was already in Australia to prep for their March 19 concert at the Perth Arena.
“No-one saw this coming... Mick’s always been my soul brother and we love him... we’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man... we really hate to disappoint our fans but we’ll see everyone really soon,” Richards wrote on the band’s Web site.
“Needless to say we are all completely shocked but our first thought is to support Mick at this awful time. We intend to come back to Australia and New Zealand as soon as it proves possible,” Watts added.
Wood wrote, “This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support and help him through this sad time. Without a doubt we intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can.”
Frontier Touring, the band’s concert promoter, advised fans to hold onto their tickets for now as the dates would be rescheduled at a later time.
The affected shows are:
March 19, Perth Arena
March 22, Adelaide Oval
March 25, Sydney Allphones Arena
March 28, Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
March 30, Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock
April 2, Brisbane Entertainment Centre
April 5, Auckland Mt Smart Stadium
Meanwhile, Jagger posted his own tribute to his tragic girlfriend on his Web site.
“I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way. We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.”
He concluded his poignant post with, “I will never forget her.”
Scott, 49, hanged herself at her apartment in New York on Monday. She and Jagger had been dating since the rocker split from his second wife, Jerry Hall, in 2001.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2