Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 20, 2014 3:20 PM EST
Samsung Saudi Arabia previously reported that the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 with 1GB of RAM will get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update before this month ends. The proclamation came even after Samsung Poland reported that Galaxy S3 will not be updated to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat due to issues with the 1GB of RAM.
Just recently, Samsung Saudi Arabia backpedalled and reported that it has no plans to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 to Android 4.4.2. What is more surprising is that, it also announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update either even though Samsung U.S. and Sprint and Samsung Poland confirmed the update. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 sports a 2GB of RAM which means that the RAM is not the issue here.
Although the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 is definitely heading to the United Sates and to one carrier in Australia, it is not yet a done deal for some users.
In spite of Samsung Saudi Arabia's report, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 2 might still roll out to other parts of the world. On the other hand, Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy S3 is a little bit unstable because the chances that Samsung will skip the update for the international variant is possible because of RAM issues.
Even though rumours that Samsung is skipping the update for the 1GB of RAM version of the Galaxy S3 is all over, these must be taken this with a grain of salt because Samsung has not made it official just yet.
Basically, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 are based on features from Google and not from Samsung, so it is expected that carriers will incorporate their own enhancements and fixes as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows