Samsung Updates: New Samsung 8.4-Inch Tablet Coming, Note 4 Waterproof and Gear 2, Gear Fit Prices Confirmed
By Gel Galang | March 20, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Samsung gadgets just keep on coming, with the latest being an 8.4-inch tablet that has apparently been spotted in the GFX Benchmarks.
This comes just a while after the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which has already been revealed to have an April 11 release date, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear Neo and Gear Fit, all of which have been announced to also debut in Canada.
Touting the model number SM-T700, Samsung's newest potential tablet will reportedly have the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor with 1.9 GHz clock speed, 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS, 2 GB of RAM and 11 GB of storage.
According to Geeky-Gadgets, the 8.4-inch Samsung tablet will also have two cameras, a 7-MP and a 2-MP rear- and front-facing shutters. The features are pretty basic, though there won't be NFC and SIM cards capability.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Confirmed Waterproof?
Waterproofing devices may start becoming the norm instead of being an added-value feature to devices. At least this may be the trend for Samsung and LG, as reports point to some additional devices getting the waterproof go signal.
Ubergizmo reports that, for Samsung, besides the Samsung Galaxy S5, the Korean company may also roll out the Galaxy Note 4 with a Liquid Silicon molding that has been done for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
This would be good news for future owners, considering that just last year, Samsung had to create the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active especially for those who have a more active and rugged lifestyle.
Samsung is not alone in the move, as the report also states that LG and Pantech will also be rolling out waterproof devices, namely the LG GR and the Pantech Vega Iron 2. It's interesting that all three companies are based in Korea—it begs the question on whether the three companies will soon put pressure on other companies to offer the same waterproofing treatment to their flagship devices as a standard feature or if the trend remain with the three handset makers.
Samsung Gear 2, Gear Fit Confirmed Prices
After the successful launch of the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear Fit in Taiwan, Samsung has finally lifted the veil on the price tag of the two wearable devices after speculations have broken out.
Phone Arena reports that the Korean company has put the cost of the Gear 2 at $295 and the Gear Fit at $197. Both the Gear 2 and the Gear Fit will be released in April alongside the Samsung Galaxy S5, barring any of the possible delays that seem to be appearing for Samsung's latest flagship device.
The source adds that a Samsung Gear 2 Neo may also be in the works, and its price tag may be closer to the Gear Fit. Still, the wearable technology devices will be compatible to a number of Samsung Galaxy products, including the Samsung Galaxy S4, Tab Pro, Note Pro, Note 3, Note 3 Neo and the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes