Samsung Updates: New Samsung 8.4-Inch Tablet Coming, Note 4 Waterproof and Gear 2, Gear Fit Prices Confirmed
By Gel Galang | March 20, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Samsung gadgets just keep on coming, with the latest being an 8.4-inch tablet that has apparently been spotted in the GFX Benchmarks.
This comes just a while after the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which has already been revealed to have an April 11 release date, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear Neo and Gear Fit, all of which have been announced to also debut in Canada.
Touting the model number SM-T700, Samsung's newest potential tablet will reportedly have the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor with 1.9 GHz clock speed, 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS, 2 GB of RAM and 11 GB of storage.
According to Geeky-Gadgets, the 8.4-inch Samsung tablet will also have two cameras, a 7-MP and a 2-MP rear- and front-facing shutters. The features are pretty basic, though there won't be NFC and SIM cards capability.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Confirmed Waterproof?
Waterproofing devices may start becoming the norm instead of being an added-value feature to devices. At least this may be the trend for Samsung and LG, as reports point to some additional devices getting the waterproof go signal.
Ubergizmo reports that, for Samsung, besides the Samsung Galaxy S5, the Korean company may also roll out the Galaxy Note 4 with a Liquid Silicon molding that has been done for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
This would be good news for future owners, considering that just last year, Samsung had to create the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active especially for those who have a more active and rugged lifestyle.
Samsung is not alone in the move, as the report also states that LG and Pantech will also be rolling out waterproof devices, namely the LG GR and the Pantech Vega Iron 2. It's interesting that all three companies are based in Korea—it begs the question on whether the three companies will soon put pressure on other companies to offer the same waterproofing treatment to their flagship devices as a standard feature or if the trend remain with the three handset makers.
Samsung Gear 2, Gear Fit Confirmed Prices
After the successful launch of the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear Fit in Taiwan, Samsung has finally lifted the veil on the price tag of the two wearable devices after speculations have broken out.
Phone Arena reports that the Korean company has put the cost of the Gear 2 at $295 and the Gear Fit at $197. Both the Gear 2 and the Gear Fit will be released in April alongside the Samsung Galaxy S5, barring any of the possible delays that seem to be appearing for Samsung's latest flagship device.
The source adds that a Samsung Gear 2 Neo may also be in the works, and its price tag may be closer to the Gear Fit. Still, the wearable technology devices will be compatible to a number of Samsung Galaxy products, including the Samsung Galaxy S4, Tab Pro, Note Pro, Note 3, Note 3 Neo and the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election