Samsung Updates: New Samsung 8.4-Inch Tablet Coming, Note 4 Waterproof and Gear 2, Gear Fit Prices Confirmed
By Gel Galang | March 20, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Samsung gadgets just keep on coming, with the latest being an 8.4-inch tablet that has apparently been spotted in the GFX Benchmarks.
This comes just a while after the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which has already been revealed to have an April 11 release date, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear Neo and Gear Fit, all of which have been announced to also debut in Canada.
Touting the model number SM-T700, Samsung's newest potential tablet will reportedly have the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor with 1.9 GHz clock speed, 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS, 2 GB of RAM and 11 GB of storage.
According to Geeky-Gadgets, the 8.4-inch Samsung tablet will also have two cameras, a 7-MP and a 2-MP rear- and front-facing shutters. The features are pretty basic, though there won't be NFC and SIM cards capability.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Confirmed Waterproof?
Waterproofing devices may start becoming the norm instead of being an added-value feature to devices. At least this may be the trend for Samsung and LG, as reports point to some additional devices getting the waterproof go signal.
Ubergizmo reports that, for Samsung, besides the Samsung Galaxy S5, the Korean company may also roll out the Galaxy Note 4 with a Liquid Silicon molding that has been done for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
This would be good news for future owners, considering that just last year, Samsung had to create the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active especially for those who have a more active and rugged lifestyle.
Samsung is not alone in the move, as the report also states that LG and Pantech will also be rolling out waterproof devices, namely the LG GR and the Pantech Vega Iron 2. It's interesting that all three companies are based in Korea—it begs the question on whether the three companies will soon put pressure on other companies to offer the same waterproofing treatment to their flagship devices as a standard feature or if the trend remain with the three handset makers.
Samsung Gear 2, Gear Fit Confirmed Prices
After the successful launch of the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear Fit in Taiwan, Samsung has finally lifted the veil on the price tag of the two wearable devices after speculations have broken out.
Phone Arena reports that the Korean company has put the cost of the Gear 2 at $295 and the Gear Fit at $197. Both the Gear 2 and the Gear Fit will be released in April alongside the Samsung Galaxy S5, barring any of the possible delays that seem to be appearing for Samsung's latest flagship device.
The source adds that a Samsung Gear 2 Neo may also be in the works, and its price tag may be closer to the Gear Fit. Still, the wearable technology devices will be compatible to a number of Samsung Galaxy products, including the Samsung Galaxy S4, Tab Pro, Note Pro, Note 3, Note 3 Neo and the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying