HTC One (M8) Retail Box Gets Leaked on eBay: All New HTC One and More Leaked Features
By Precious Silva | March 20, 2014 2:54 PM EST
HTC has been working on a major release for this year. According to recent information, the tech company will be releasing another major flagship a few days from one. HTC proved its capacity before when it launched the HTC One handset. This time, the company is following up on that with HTC One M8. What can people expect?
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Leaks about the HTC One M8 have been surfacing up since the last part of 2013. Following the release of the HTC One, the company got good attention for the quality of handset it can produce. The latest leaks take a more interesting approach this time.
One leak is from an eBay seller based in New York. The person posted a listing on eBay about a new phone. The handset had five bids and was sold to $499.99 (£301). While the box displayed pictures with HTC One's label on the outside, the phone design matches more of the leaked photos. The leaked box even shows photos similar to the leaked images like on-screen buttons and the grey case.
The listing also provided some features of the phone. These include: 5-inch HD screen and 1080 display, internal storage expandable up to 128GB and a quad-core 2.3Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. There are also sources saying that the rear camera will have dual lens.
Another leak came from NowhereElse.fr - a French Web site with a good track record of leaks for upcoming mobile handsets. The website shared similar specs as with the eBay leak. The device will have a 5-inch 1080p HD display larger than the 4.7-inch screen on the HTC One. Aside from the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the device will also feature 2GB RAM.
Looking at the reported chipset, people can expect the same performance from HTC M8 similar to powerful smartohones like the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Sony Xperia Z2. It was also reported that the phone will feature an Ultrapixel cameral. There are no further details provided. However, if the HTC One is any indication then people can expect a powerful smartphone in the works.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation