'Divergent' Star Ashley Judd Admits She's a Big Eater; Challenges Jimmy Kimmel in an Eating Contest
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 20, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Who would have thought that the fit-looking "Divergent" star Ashley Judd is a big eater? In fact, the 45-year-old actress admits on the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" show that she has the capability to "eat an entire menu."
Cast member Ashley Judd poses at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
On Tuesday, March 18, Ashley Judd was seen wearing a royal blue dress at the Divergent Premiere in Los Angeles, California that completely hugged her figure and didn't show any signs of her true age. If anything, the movie star only appeared more radiant and even more youthful-looking.
During ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live show, Judd talked about her diet in details. The actress revealed that she can eat the entire menu at her favorite restaurant "Perini's Steakhouse" located in the state of Texas.
Then, on a whim, Judd challenged host Jimmy Kimmel in an eating contest. Kimmel, however, didn't take the bait.
Judd went on by saying that she doesn't eat red meat, which made Kimmel thought it was going to be a broccoli contest. The two laughed it off and Judd continued explaining how much she had to eat.
"Let me put it this way: when I go to work on a film, I spend more time preparing the menu than I do my character. Because people literally do not believe the amount that I say I have to eat," Judd admitted. "I spend the first two weeks convincing them, because I'm in a rage fit because I'm hungry the whole time, and then they're like, 'Hey, honey, it's time for you to eat.'"
Ashley Judd just revealed that she knows what it feels like to be hungry. But how could she maintain her figure? The answer was she is balancing it with "Zumba," which is a dance the actress described as "embarrassing old school aerobics."
Zumba is what was helping Judd stay fit despite her love for doughnuts. The actress also revealed on the show that while shooting the post-apocalyptic movie Divergent in Chicago, there was this doughnut shop called Do-Rite. The actress thought the shop produces really good doughnuts that she was willing to be their spokesperson.
"They're very difficult to find these days," the actress admitted regarding her favorite old-fashioned doughnuts. "It's got an interesting crumb around the edge, so instead of being a fully round smooth donut, it's got this little bit of a ridge, and they use Valrhona chocolate on theirs. Mmm, mmm, mmm!"
With the amount of food the actress is admitting she eats, it would have been hard to believe how she could stay in shape. But the key is exercise. Divergent star Ashley Judd knows how to "wiggle" her way through food.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features