'Divergent' Star Ashley Judd Admits She's a Big Eater; Challenges Jimmy Kimmel in an Eating Contest
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 20, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Who would have thought that the fit-looking "Divergent" star Ashley Judd is a big eater? In fact, the 45-year-old actress admits on the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" show that she has the capability to "eat an entire menu."
Cast member Ashley Judd poses at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
On Tuesday, March 18, Ashley Judd was seen wearing a royal blue dress at the Divergent Premiere in Los Angeles, California that completely hugged her figure and didn't show any signs of her true age. If anything, the movie star only appeared more radiant and even more youthful-looking.
During ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live show, Judd talked about her diet in details. The actress revealed that she can eat the entire menu at her favorite restaurant "Perini's Steakhouse" located in the state of Texas.
Then, on a whim, Judd challenged host Jimmy Kimmel in an eating contest. Kimmel, however, didn't take the bait.
Judd went on by saying that she doesn't eat red meat, which made Kimmel thought it was going to be a broccoli contest. The two laughed it off and Judd continued explaining how much she had to eat.
"Let me put it this way: when I go to work on a film, I spend more time preparing the menu than I do my character. Because people literally do not believe the amount that I say I have to eat," Judd admitted. "I spend the first two weeks convincing them, because I'm in a rage fit because I'm hungry the whole time, and then they're like, 'Hey, honey, it's time for you to eat.'"
Ashley Judd just revealed that she knows what it feels like to be hungry. But how could she maintain her figure? The answer was she is balancing it with "Zumba," which is a dance the actress described as "embarrassing old school aerobics."
Zumba is what was helping Judd stay fit despite her love for doughnuts. The actress also revealed on the show that while shooting the post-apocalyptic movie Divergent in Chicago, there was this doughnut shop called Do-Rite. The actress thought the shop produces really good doughnuts that she was willing to be their spokesperson.
"They're very difficult to find these days," the actress admitted regarding her favorite old-fashioned doughnuts. "It's got an interesting crumb around the edge, so instead of being a fully round smooth donut, it's got this little bit of a ridge, and they use Valrhona chocolate on theirs. Mmm, mmm, mmm!"
With the amount of food the actress is admitting she eats, it would have been hard to believe how she could stay in shape. But the key is exercise. Divergent star Ashley Judd knows how to "wiggle" her way through food.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles