'Divergent' Star Ashley Judd Admits She's a Big Eater; Challenges Jimmy Kimmel in an Eating Contest
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 20, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Who would have thought that the fit-looking "Divergent" star Ashley Judd is a big eater? In fact, the 45-year-old actress admits on the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" show that she has the capability to "eat an entire menu."
Cast member Ashley Judd poses at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
On Tuesday, March 18, Ashley Judd was seen wearing a royal blue dress at the Divergent Premiere in Los Angeles, California that completely hugged her figure and didn't show any signs of her true age. If anything, the movie star only appeared more radiant and even more youthful-looking.
During ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live show, Judd talked about her diet in details. The actress revealed that she can eat the entire menu at her favorite restaurant "Perini's Steakhouse" located in the state of Texas.
Then, on a whim, Judd challenged host Jimmy Kimmel in an eating contest. Kimmel, however, didn't take the bait.
Judd went on by saying that she doesn't eat red meat, which made Kimmel thought it was going to be a broccoli contest. The two laughed it off and Judd continued explaining how much she had to eat.
"Let me put it this way: when I go to work on a film, I spend more time preparing the menu than I do my character. Because people literally do not believe the amount that I say I have to eat," Judd admitted. "I spend the first two weeks convincing them, because I'm in a rage fit because I'm hungry the whole time, and then they're like, 'Hey, honey, it's time for you to eat.'"
Ashley Judd just revealed that she knows what it feels like to be hungry. But how could she maintain her figure? The answer was she is balancing it with "Zumba," which is a dance the actress described as "embarrassing old school aerobics."
Zumba is what was helping Judd stay fit despite her love for doughnuts. The actress also revealed on the show that while shooting the post-apocalyptic movie Divergent in Chicago, there was this doughnut shop called Do-Rite. The actress thought the shop produces really good doughnuts that she was willing to be their spokesperson.
"They're very difficult to find these days," the actress admitted regarding her favorite old-fashioned doughnuts. "It's got an interesting crumb around the edge, so instead of being a fully round smooth donut, it's got this little bit of a ridge, and they use Valrhona chocolate on theirs. Mmm, mmm, mmm!"
With the amount of food the actress is admitting she eats, it would have been hard to believe how she could stay in shape. But the key is exercise. Divergent star Ashley Judd knows how to "wiggle" her way through food.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone