Nokia Lumia 521: T-Mobile Rolls Out Lumia Black Update for the Carrier's Variant of the Nokia Lumia 520
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 20, 2014 1:40 PM EST
The Lumia Black update previously rolled out to several Nokia Lumia smartphones and now it is T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 521 turn to receive the latest improvements on the Windows Phone handset. The US carrier started to roll out the Lumia Black update for their Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone variant and it is supposed to reach the Nokia Lumia 521 owners in the next days.
"Nokia Lumia 521, one of the most successful Windows Phoned de-vice in the US market just got a software update. Nokia Lumia Black update and Windows Phone GDR3 update is now available for download for all the users," WMPoweruser reported. To check if the latest update has arrived to T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 521, owners can manually go to "Settings" then choose "Phone Update" and then "Check for updates" to see if the Lumia Black is already available for download.
The WinBeta report noted that the Nokia Lumia 521 users must make sure first that there is more than 50 percent battery charge on the device as well as a Wi-Fi connection in close proximity because it may take time to download the update sized at 321MB. T-Mobile mentioned in their support page that processing has begun even though the Lumia Black is still listed as "Coming soon" on the Nokia support Web site but the US carrier did not list all of the new features included in the update.
The reported major features and improvements that the Lumia Black update offer are the Bluetooth LE support, Nokia Camera and Storyteller apps and the Nokia Focus app to the devices that have at least 1GB of RAM. Other improvements include screen orientation lock, App Switcher, App Folder, Driving mode, custom ringtones, Nokia Glance Screen 2.0, Nokia Refocus and the new Nokia Beamer that allows users to share presentations, documents and captured photos to any screen that is HTML5 enabled.
"Some features are reserved for handsets with 1GB RAM unfortunately," the WMPoweruser report further pointed out. The Microsoft Store offers customers with a limited time offer of getting a $10 off a $60 refill card when they purchase the Nokia Lumia 521.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election