Nokia Lumia 521: T-Mobile Rolls Out Lumia Black Update for the Carrier's Variant of the Nokia Lumia 520
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 20, 2014 1:40 PM EST
The Lumia Black update previously rolled out to several Nokia Lumia smartphones and now it is T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 521 turn to receive the latest improvements on the Windows Phone handset. The US carrier started to roll out the Lumia Black update for their Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone variant and it is supposed to reach the Nokia Lumia 521 owners in the next days.
"Nokia Lumia 521, one of the most successful Windows Phoned de-vice in the US market just got a software update. Nokia Lumia Black update and Windows Phone GDR3 update is now available for download for all the users," WMPoweruser reported. To check if the latest update has arrived to T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 521, owners can manually go to "Settings" then choose "Phone Update" and then "Check for updates" to see if the Lumia Black is already available for download.
The WinBeta report noted that the Nokia Lumia 521 users must make sure first that there is more than 50 percent battery charge on the device as well as a Wi-Fi connection in close proximity because it may take time to download the update sized at 321MB. T-Mobile mentioned in their support page that processing has begun even though the Lumia Black is still listed as "Coming soon" on the Nokia support Web site but the US carrier did not list all of the new features included in the update.
The reported major features and improvements that the Lumia Black update offer are the Bluetooth LE support, Nokia Camera and Storyteller apps and the Nokia Focus app to the devices that have at least 1GB of RAM. Other improvements include screen orientation lock, App Switcher, App Folder, Driving mode, custom ringtones, Nokia Glance Screen 2.0, Nokia Refocus and the new Nokia Beamer that allows users to share presentations, documents and captured photos to any screen that is HTML5 enabled.
"Some features are reserved for handsets with 1GB RAM unfortunately," the WMPoweruser report further pointed out. The Microsoft Store offers customers with a limited time offer of getting a $10 off a $60 refill card when they purchase the Nokia Lumia 521.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Early Unofficial Android 5.0 Lollipop Port for Nexus 4
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘Halo': The Master Chief Collection, Updates And Preorder Details; 343 Industries Announces ‘Halo 2 Anniversary’ Documentary
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge