"Divergent" Premiere: Shailene Woodley Dazzles, Kate Winslet Wears Red, but Maggie Q Steals the Limelight
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 20, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Shailene Woodley dazzled, literally, at the movie premiere of "Divergent" in her sequined taupe one-shoulder gown beside co-star Kate Winslet who decided to capture the crowd's attention in her form-fitting red dress.
Cast members Kate Winslet (L) and Shailene Woodley pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
Since Kate Winslet got her baby "Bear" born in December 2013, she hasn't been seen in public. But on March 17, the actress revealed that her pregnancy wouldn't stop her from looking fit and gorgeous when she attended the unveiling of her star on Hollywood's "Walk of Fame."
Again, the 38-year-old actress showed that she knows how to wow. Winslet will be playing the role of Jeanine Matthews in Divergent, and in an E! News interview, the actress shared some important lessons.
"We've [Winslet and Woodley] had a lot of conversations and we continue to have them," Winslet shared. The actress described Woodley as a gorgeous girl. Winslet also revealed that she is very excited for Woodley.
". . . . We just chat about the experiences that I have had and the things that I have learned, and how to stay true herself and what to say, what not to say, but more importantly, to enjoy it, too," Kate Winslet capped off.
But who stole the limelight at the Divergent premiere was Maggie Q who arrived at the red carpet on March 18 in Los Angeles wearing a sexy black dress that showed off most parts of her body. In her eye-catching attire, "Nikita" star Maggie Q won the crowd.
Divergent is set to hit theaters in the U.S. on Friday, March 21, but prior to its release, the post-apocalyptic movie has gained enough reputation to have it viewed as the next Hunger Games.
According to USA Today, Hollywood studios have been desperate to capture the next Young Adult movie, but so far what the studios have been offering on screen weren't so much as a hit. This time, though, analysts believe that Divergent is going to change the game when the movie hits the screens.
Movies like "The Host," "The Immortal Instruments: City of Bones" and "Ender's Game" had made their attempt but no movie beats the success of "Hunger's Game" and "Twilight." The latter is included in the upper level when the vampire movie opened in 2008 to $69 million and captured a total of $192 million, the ticketing service Fandango stated.
"Divergent comes closest to The Hunger Games in terms of subject matter, character and tone," Fandango chief correspondent Dave Karger told USA Today. "Already there's a frenzy for this one that's only been matched by Twilight and Hunger Games."
But what is the secret to such huge success? The report summed it up with one word: "Romance."
Is Shailene Woodley going to be the next Jennifer Lawrence? Is Divergent the next Hunger Games? The answers to those questions are still pending until the movie hits the theaters.
Ray Subers of Box Office Mojo, however, already has an answer. Subers told the press that for now it is clear that Divergent is not destined for the same fate. The movie will not be the next Hunger Games. With that being said, Subers believed that Divergent could still be the next Twilight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage