Google Android Wear LG G Watch and Moto 360 Unveiled to Support Wide Ranges of Android Devices
By Ryan Inoyori | March 20, 2014 12:38 PM EST
LG and Motorola announced their Android smartwatches that are under Google's new Android Wear to support various smartphones including Nexus 6, LG G2, Moto X and more unlike with Galaxy Gear and Sony Smartwatch.
Google Android Wear
Android Wear is miniature gadget running the most popular mobile operating system that can interact with users via voice commands. It can display answers for inquiries, monitor health and fitness, set alarms and more.
Android Wear vs. Galaxy Gear and Sony Smartwatch
Galaxy Gear by Samsung currently supports selected Galaxy smartphones and is only designed for Samsung devices, not for every Android. While Sony Smartwatch is only usable to more than ten Xperia smartphones listed on their Web site and requires additional apps to fully maximise the functionalities.
LG G Watch
LG G Watch is the Android-powered watch running on the Android wear platform, which supports a wide range of Android devices, contrast with Galaxy Gear.
"The opportunity to work Google on LG G Watch was the perfect chance for LG to really pull out all stops in both design and engineering," said by Dr Jong Seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications quoted by Android Authority.
1. Android Wear shows information and suggestions when you need them the most rather than receiving latest posts or updates.
2. Use "Ok Google" phrase to ask questions or making reservation to your favourite restaurant.
3. It monitors health and fitness such as real-time speed, distance and time details while you run, cycle or walk.
4. Wireless command over other devices such as a smartphone or television set to perform tasks like playing music or loading a movie.
LG G Watch is expected to be launched around the second quarter of 2014.
Moto 360 Smartwatch
Motorola unveiled its Android-powered wearable accessory called Moto 360 smartwatch. It is also an Android Wear device similar to the LG G Watch. It is made up of premium materials having round-face design to bring out beauty and elegance. Motorola quotes Moto 360 as "Moto 360 is everything you need, with a look that you want."
1. Moto 360 can provide subtle alerts and notifications via up-to-date information.
2. Twisting the wrist will reveal who is calling or emailing you.
3. Other twisting the wrist tricks can display your next appointment or latest social status from your friend.
4. Integrated with Google Now service that lets you inquire, search for information and speak to it via voice commands.
5. Ok Google is also included to schedule appointments, send messages, setting up alarm time and take notes.
Moto 360 is expected to be available in various design schemes similar to Moto X in different territories beginning in the United States by summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan