Google Android Wear LG G Watch and Moto 360 Unveiled to Support Wide Ranges of Android Devices
By Ryan Inoyori | March 20, 2014 12:38 PM EST
LG and Motorola announced their Android smartwatches that are under Google's new Android Wear to support various smartphones including Nexus 6, LG G2, Moto X and more unlike with Galaxy Gear and Sony Smartwatch.
Google Android Wear
Android Wear is miniature gadget running the most popular mobile operating system that can interact with users via voice commands. It can display answers for inquiries, monitor health and fitness, set alarms and more.
Android Wear vs. Galaxy Gear and Sony Smartwatch
Galaxy Gear by Samsung currently supports selected Galaxy smartphones and is only designed for Samsung devices, not for every Android. While Sony Smartwatch is only usable to more than ten Xperia smartphones listed on their Web site and requires additional apps to fully maximise the functionalities.
LG G Watch
LG G Watch is the Android-powered watch running on the Android wear platform, which supports a wide range of Android devices, contrast with Galaxy Gear.
"The opportunity to work Google on LG G Watch was the perfect chance for LG to really pull out all stops in both design and engineering," said by Dr Jong Seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications quoted by Android Authority.
1. Android Wear shows information and suggestions when you need them the most rather than receiving latest posts or updates.
2. Use "Ok Google" phrase to ask questions or making reservation to your favourite restaurant.
3. It monitors health and fitness such as real-time speed, distance and time details while you run, cycle or walk.
4. Wireless command over other devices such as a smartphone or television set to perform tasks like playing music or loading a movie.
LG G Watch is expected to be launched around the second quarter of 2014.
Moto 360 Smartwatch
Motorola unveiled its Android-powered wearable accessory called Moto 360 smartwatch. It is also an Android Wear device similar to the LG G Watch. It is made up of premium materials having round-face design to bring out beauty and elegance. Motorola quotes Moto 360 as "Moto 360 is everything you need, with a look that you want."
1. Moto 360 can provide subtle alerts and notifications via up-to-date information.
2. Twisting the wrist will reveal who is calling or emailing you.
3. Other twisting the wrist tricks can display your next appointment or latest social status from your friend.
4. Integrated with Google Now service that lets you inquire, search for information and speak to it via voice commands.
5. Ok Google is also included to schedule appointments, send messages, setting up alarm time and take notes.
Moto 360 is expected to be available in various design schemes similar to Moto X in different territories beginning in the United States by summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu