Barack’s Bracket: US President Obama Reveals His 2014 NCAA March Madness Picks
By James Patrick Quizon | March 20, 2014 3:06 AM EST
The Michigan State Spartans will dance all the way to the national title. That is if the President of the United States of America is to be believed after Barrack Obama revealed his NCAA March Madness bracket for 2014 on Wednesday.
NCAA Basketball: Big Ten Tournament Michigan State v Michigan
Obama is a believer of Tom Izzo, the head coach of the Spartans, which is seeded 4th in the East Region in the NCAA Tournament.
"Tom Izzo is a great tournament coach," Obama said in the ESPN program SportsCenter.
"I've got Michigan State going all the way. ... He know how to motivate folks and he knows how to coach. My pick: Michigan State. Bring it home for me. It's been a while since I've won my pool."
Along with the Michigan State, Obama listed Louisville, Florida and Arizona as his Final Four teams this year, the sixth consecutive time he has publicly announced his bracket and now popularly known as “Barack-etology”
"I know these are not imaginative picks, but I think they're the right ones," Obama confidently declared in the ESPN show.
The last time the US president correctly predicted a champion was in 2009 when he picked the North Carolina Tar Heels to win the national title.
Among notable "upsets" in the Barack Bracket are sixth seed UNC winning over third seed Iowa State, sixth seed over third seed Syracuse in the Round of 32; and fourth seeds Michigan State and Louisville winning over number one seeds Florida and Arizona, respectively in the Final Four.
Obama has never been shy of the fact that he’s an avid basketball fan supporting his hometown Chicago Bulls in the NBA and constantly following the college basketball scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills