Barack’s Bracket: US President Obama Reveals His 2014 NCAA March Madness Picks
By James Patrick Quizon | March 20, 2014 3:06 AM EST
The Michigan State Spartans will dance all the way to the national title. That is if the President of the United States of America is to be believed after Barrack Obama revealed his NCAA March Madness bracket for 2014 on Wednesday.
NCAA Basketball: Big Ten Tournament Michigan State v Michigan
Obama is a believer of Tom Izzo, the head coach of the Spartans, which is seeded 4th in the East Region in the NCAA Tournament.
"Tom Izzo is a great tournament coach," Obama said in the ESPN program SportsCenter.
"I've got Michigan State going all the way. ... He know how to motivate folks and he knows how to coach. My pick: Michigan State. Bring it home for me. It's been a while since I've won my pool."
Along with the Michigan State, Obama listed Louisville, Florida and Arizona as his Final Four teams this year, the sixth consecutive time he has publicly announced his bracket and now popularly known as “Barack-etology”
"I know these are not imaginative picks, but I think they're the right ones," Obama confidently declared in the ESPN show.
The last time the US president correctly predicted a champion was in 2009 when he picked the North Carolina Tar Heels to win the national title.
Among notable "upsets" in the Barack Bracket are sixth seed UNC winning over third seed Iowa State, sixth seed over third seed Syracuse in the Round of 32; and fourth seeds Michigan State and Louisville winning over number one seeds Florida and Arizona, respectively in the Final Four.
Obama has never been shy of the fact that he’s an avid basketball fan supporting his hometown Chicago Bulls in the NBA and constantly following the college basketball scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales