Barack’s Bracket: US President Obama Reveals His 2014 NCAA March Madness Picks
By James Patrick Quizon | March 20, 2014 3:06 AM EST
The Michigan State Spartans will dance all the way to the national title. That is if the President of the United States of America is to be believed after Barrack Obama revealed his NCAA March Madness bracket for 2014 on Wednesday.
NCAA Basketball: Big Ten Tournament Michigan State v Michigan
Obama is a believer of Tom Izzo, the head coach of the Spartans, which is seeded 4th in the East Region in the NCAA Tournament.
"Tom Izzo is a great tournament coach," Obama said in the ESPN program SportsCenter.
"I've got Michigan State going all the way. ... He know how to motivate folks and he knows how to coach. My pick: Michigan State. Bring it home for me. It's been a while since I've won my pool."
Along with the Michigan State, Obama listed Louisville, Florida and Arizona as his Final Four teams this year, the sixth consecutive time he has publicly announced his bracket and now popularly known as “Barack-etology”
"I know these are not imaginative picks, but I think they're the right ones," Obama confidently declared in the ESPN show.
The last time the US president correctly predicted a champion was in 2009 when he picked the North Carolina Tar Heels to win the national title.
Among notable "upsets" in the Barack Bracket are sixth seed UNC winning over third seed Iowa State, sixth seed over third seed Syracuse in the Round of 32; and fourth seeds Michigan State and Louisville winning over number one seeds Florida and Arizona, respectively in the Final Four.
Obama has never been shy of the fact that he’s an avid basketball fan supporting his hometown Chicago Bulls in the NBA and constantly following the college basketball scene.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2