Moto 360: Mother of All Smartwatches From Motorola; Noticeable Features, Comparison And Launch Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 20, 2014 1:05 AM EST
You will be amazed at the first look of the Moto 360 smartwatch. When they said, "Design is intelligence made visible," Were they wrong?
Recently, there have been a bunch of smartwatches getting introduced to a lukewarm response. But here is Moto 360 from the backyard of Motorola and Google, exuding in style, elegance and richness. The right mix of Google's software and Motorola's hardware are always a pleasure to look out for.
The Offical Motorola Blog
The Brand New "Moto 360" (Leather) from The Offical Motorola Blog
Amazing Features And Design
Moto 360 has a "round" dial, which is a much required change from the regular "square" dials. It features "Ok Google" voice control integration with Google Now, so you can schedule appointments, send texts and even take a note, GSM Arena said. Also, Motorola is an early partner for Google's new Android Wear Smartwatch SDK, Techcrunch reported.
The smartwatch hardware consists of subtle alerts and notifications, and Motorola is selling it as a premium high-end wearable, according to Techcrunch.
There are 2 wristband variants to choose from: leather and metal.
Observing the video, Lance Ulanoff from Mashable said, "Even when Smartwatch wearers are speaking to Moto 360, they're not holding the watch close by their mouths, or to their ears to listen to its response."
When people see a smartwatch on the wrist, they should compliment the watch considering them as a regular watch and they should never discover that it is actually a smartwatch by simply looking at it. This is where seamless design comes into picture.
With his observation, it is clear that Motorola and Google took the regular but premium watches as their inspiration in concocting the wearable technology and the mechanical elegance of regular phones to give the users a power-pack of both worlds.
Moto 360 can be expected in a variety of styles and should launch this summer starting in the U.S. The smartwatch is designed in consideration of the fashion conscious crowd.
Moto 360 in Comparison to Samsung Gear And Pebble
The pioneers in the wearables sphere like Samsung Galaxy Gear and Pebble are still not up to the mark when it comes to the exterior design. Adding to the woe, they are large, solid and square. So Moto 360 might also give both Samsung and Pebble a run for their money.
What do you think of the new smartwatch?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast