Angus T. Jones aka Jake Harper Still Hates ‘Two and a Half Men’: Here are His Reasons
By Keerthi Mohan | March 19, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Angus T. Jones, who rose to fame as Charlie Sheen’s character's nephew Jake in “Two and a Half Men”, left the show nearly a year back after bad-mouthing it. And it seems like he is still not done speaking out against the sitcom.
Angus T. Jones (left)
In a recent interview with KHOU Television in Houston, Jones once again expressed his displeasure with “Two and a Half Men”, saying that it trivializes important topics.
Jones was a part of the show for 10 years until a YouTube video surfaced of him calling the show filth and asking people to refrain from watching it. The video, who had rediscovered his Christian faith that year, was posted by the Alabama-based church Forerunner Chronicles.
Jones, who was one of the highest-paid child actors at the time, later apologized for the comments but in the recent interview he noted that he does not regret what he said.
"You know, that's his like, his baby," Jones said, referring to Chuck Lorre, producer of the show. "And I just totally insulted his baby and ... to that degree, I am apologetic but otherwise, I'm not ... I don't regret saying what I said."
Here are some reasons why Jones might still hate the show.
The show makes light of serious issues
Serious issues such as sexually transmitted diseases and prostitution are often dealt lightly on “Two and a Half Men”, and this made Jones uncomfortable.
"It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people and I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it but I was still doing it," Jones said in the KHOU interview.
The show is filth
“Two and a Half Men” is now in its 11th season and the Parents Television Council has labeled the show as unsuitable for children. According to them, the show is filled with foul language and viewers are constantly bombarded with sexual jokes and scenes. This might be one of the reasons why Jones requested viewers to “stop filling your head with filth" in his 2012 YouTube appeal.
The show is not in alignment with his religious beliefs
"You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not okay with what I'm learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show," Jones said while bashing the show in 2012.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko