HTC One 2 Release Date, Availability: Flagship Smartphone to Hit Stores Soon after Premiere
By Raymond Ronamai | March 19, 2014 10:20 PM EST
The much-hyped HTC One 2 is expected to hit the stores minutes after its unveiling event on 25 March, contradicting earlier report that it would be released two weeks after its announcement.
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2 in early 2014. (Reuters)
The Taiwan-based company has not officially revealed the release date and availability of its new smartphone, but every little detail of it has surfaced ahead of its unveiling event.
Carphone Warehouse has announced that the first stock of HTC One 2 handsets will arrive at six select stores in London - Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City, Oxford Circus, Centrepoint, Tottenham Court Road and Carphone Warehouse at Selfridges - minutes after its unveiling event, reported GSMarena. The mobile phone retailer went on to say that the new smartphone will be available in online and retail stores shortly after the unveiling.
It was earlier reported that HTC One 2 would be released in April after HTCFamily.ru tweeted that it would be launched in 110 countries two weeks after its unveiling event on 25 March.
Several conflicting reports on the features and specifications of HTC flagship smartphone have surfaced over the last few weeks. A section of the media claimed that it will sport a 4.7 inch screen display (Full HD 1080p, 468 ppi), some say 5.1 inch screen with no physical button, while others say it will have 5.0-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display with 440 ppi.
The device is expected to be powered by a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and 2 GB RAM, run on Android 4.4 KitKat and boost a 4MP front camera. It may also house a 2900mAh or a 3000 mAh battery and comes with HTC's Sense 6 user interface pre-installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight