HTC One 2 Release Date, Availability: Flagship Smartphone to Hit Stores Soon after Premiere
By Raymond Ronamai | March 19, 2014 10:20 PM EST
The much-hyped HTC One 2 is expected to hit the stores minutes after its unveiling event on 25 March, contradicting earlier report that it would be released two weeks after its announcement.
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2 in early 2014. (Reuters)
The Taiwan-based company has not officially revealed the release date and availability of its new smartphone, but every little detail of it has surfaced ahead of its unveiling event.
Carphone Warehouse has announced that the first stock of HTC One 2 handsets will arrive at six select stores in London - Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City, Oxford Circus, Centrepoint, Tottenham Court Road and Carphone Warehouse at Selfridges - minutes after its unveiling event, reported GSMarena. The mobile phone retailer went on to say that the new smartphone will be available in online and retail stores shortly after the unveiling.
It was earlier reported that HTC One 2 would be released in April after HTCFamily.ru tweeted that it would be launched in 110 countries two weeks after its unveiling event on 25 March.
Several conflicting reports on the features and specifications of HTC flagship smartphone have surfaced over the last few weeks. A section of the media claimed that it will sport a 4.7 inch screen display (Full HD 1080p, 468 ppi), some say 5.1 inch screen with no physical button, while others say it will have 5.0-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display with 440 ppi.
The device is expected to be powered by a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and 2 GB RAM, run on Android 4.4 KitKat and boost a 4MP front camera. It may also house a 2900mAh or a 3000 mAh battery and comes with HTC's Sense 6 user interface pre-installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation