Microsoft's Xbox One to hit India and 25 Countries in September
By Aditya Bhat | March 19, 2014 9:02 PM EST
Though the exact release date is not known yet, Microsoft has said it will be making its new product available to people in Argentina, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE.
"It's time to ensure even more fans around the world can enjoy Xbox One. So today we're proud to share that it will be available in 26 additional markets in September this year. We'll have much more to share at a local level towards the end of April, so stay tuned," said Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer at Xbox in a blog post.
Sony's PlayStation 4, another next generation console, had made its North America debut on 15 November and was released in 53 countries, two months after its US launch. But Microsoft rolled out Xbox One in only 13 countries till now.
Though there has been no details on the pricing of the new console, ideally it must cost around $100 less than PlayStation 4. The cost of PS4 in India is 39,990.
Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have 8GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, a Blu-ray disc and DVD drive, USB 3.0, AUX port, Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR), an HDMI out port, and an optical out port.
Xbox One has 2133MHz DDR3 RAM while, PlayStation 4 has the faster 5500MHz GDDR5. The GPUs in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are similar - two quad-core Jaguar modules totaling 8 x86-64 cores. But Xbox One clocks at 1.75 GHz and PlayStation 4 at 1.6GHz, which is relatively insignificant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2