Microsoft's Xbox One to hit India and 25 Countries in September
By Aditya Bhat | March 19, 2014 9:02 PM EST
Though the exact release date is not known yet, Microsoft has said it will be making its new product available to people in Argentina, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE.
"It's time to ensure even more fans around the world can enjoy Xbox One. So today we're proud to share that it will be available in 26 additional markets in September this year. We'll have much more to share at a local level towards the end of April, so stay tuned," said Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer at Xbox in a blog post.
Sony's PlayStation 4, another next generation console, had made its North America debut on 15 November and was released in 53 countries, two months after its US launch. But Microsoft rolled out Xbox One in only 13 countries till now.
Though there has been no details on the pricing of the new console, ideally it must cost around $100 less than PlayStation 4. The cost of PS4 in India is 39,990.
Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have 8GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, a Blu-ray disc and DVD drive, USB 3.0, AUX port, Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR), an HDMI out port, and an optical out port.
Xbox One has 2133MHz DDR3 RAM while, PlayStation 4 has the faster 5500MHz GDDR5. The GPUs in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are similar - two quad-core Jaguar modules totaling 8 x86-64 cores. But Xbox One clocks at 1.75 GHz and PlayStation 4 at 1.6GHz, which is relatively insignificant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop