Microsoft's Xbox One to hit India and 25 Countries in September
By Aditya Bhat | March 19, 2014 9:02 PM EST
Though the exact release date is not known yet, Microsoft has said it will be making its new product available to people in Argentina, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE.
"It's time to ensure even more fans around the world can enjoy Xbox One. So today we're proud to share that it will be available in 26 additional markets in September this year. We'll have much more to share at a local level towards the end of April, so stay tuned," said Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer at Xbox in a blog post.
Sony's PlayStation 4, another next generation console, had made its North America debut on 15 November and was released in 53 countries, two months after its US launch. But Microsoft rolled out Xbox One in only 13 countries till now.
Though there has been no details on the pricing of the new console, ideally it must cost around $100 less than PlayStation 4. The cost of PS4 in India is 39,990.
Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have 8GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, a Blu-ray disc and DVD drive, USB 3.0, AUX port, Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR), an HDMI out port, and an optical out port.
Xbox One has 2133MHz DDR3 RAM while, PlayStation 4 has the faster 5500MHz GDDR5. The GPUs in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are similar - two quad-core Jaguar modules totaling 8 x86-64 cores. But Xbox One clocks at 1.75 GHz and PlayStation 4 at 1.6GHz, which is relatively insignificant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS