British Journalist James Crabtree Makes Film Debut Through Salman Khan’s ‘Kick’
By Ankita Mehta | March 19, 2014 8:51 PM EST
Salman Khan has roped in British journalist James Crabtree for a role in his upcoming film "Kick".
Crabtree, who is the bureau chief of a financial daily in Mumbai, will be playing the role of a British diplomat in "Kick".
Sajid Nadiadwala, who is directing the film, wanted a man who could play the role of the British diplomat convincingly. And it was Chetan Bhagat, the scriptwriter of the film, who suggested his friend Crabtree's name to Nadiawala.
In February, Bhagat called Crabtree and asked whether he would like to work in a Bollywood film, to which the journalist replied: "Of course, but you know I've never acted?"
"Not a problem: they just need a tall English guy, for an office scene. Are you free on Friday?" Bhagat responded, according to his blog.
Crabtree is excited to make his Bollywood debut through Khan's film but, on the other hand, he was quite disappointed as he would not be able to share screen space with 'India's biggest action star'.
"I was to play British Diplomat #2, and had precisely two lines. There was to be neither singing nor dancing, and Khan himself was not involved; an immediate double disappointment," he said.
A second British diplomat was played by a Swiss named Bernard. Crabtree, in his blog, explained his experience of working in a Bollywood film.
"I managed not to fluff my own two lines too often, but the scene's star was unquestionably the elderly, sari-clad mother. She hobbled slowly on to set, using a stick for support, before transforming as the cameras rolled, berating her son with great vigour for failing to arrange his daughter's wedding," he said.
"Our own work done, Bernard and I smiled out of shot, watching the bollocking unfold for the umpteenth time and feeling increasingly sorry for the ambassador. Bertrand Russell, I reflected, didn't have to put up with anything quite like this."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected