Datsun Go Hatchback Launched In India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 8:27 PM EST
Nissan Motors on Wednesday launched its much-awaited small car offering Datsun Go in India, with a price range starting at 3.12 lakh.
The Go hatchback, the first offering from the Datsun brand after the revival of the company by Nissan, will be offered in India in three variants. Powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm, the Datsun Go is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl. The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds. It measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2450mm.
The car will be pitted against Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market and will be available in four paint jobs - White, Silver, Sky and Ruby. D, the base variant of the Datsun Go, comes with features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The middle variant, A, features air conditioner with filter, chrome front grille, body coloured bumpers and Jacquard seat upholstery. Finally, the top-end variant, T, comes loaded with electric power steering, front power windows, Mobile Docking Station (MDS), aux-in and USB charger, front speakers and central locking
"We are very excited to be part of history in India with the introduction of our very first model - the Datsun GO. Together, we have embarked on a long journey in one of the most complex, demanding and promising markets in the world. We are confident that the aspirational 'Risers' in India will identify with our product and brand," Business Standard quoted Kenichiro Yomura, President - Nissan India Operations.
The car, which went on production last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, is available for pre-order, with an advance payment of ₹11,000. Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will sell the new Datsun Go in the country through its 125 dealerships.
Variants and Price
Go D- 3.12 lakh
Go A- 3.46 lakh
Go T- 3.69 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date