Datsun Go Hatchback Launched In India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 8:27 PM EST
Nissan Motors on Wednesday launched its much-awaited small car offering Datsun Go in India, with a price range starting at 3.12 lakh.
The Go hatchback, the first offering from the Datsun brand after the revival of the company by Nissan, will be offered in India in three variants. Powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm, the Datsun Go is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl. The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds. It measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2450mm.
The car will be pitted against Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market and will be available in four paint jobs - White, Silver, Sky and Ruby. D, the base variant of the Datsun Go, comes with features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The middle variant, A, features air conditioner with filter, chrome front grille, body coloured bumpers and Jacquard seat upholstery. Finally, the top-end variant, T, comes loaded with electric power steering, front power windows, Mobile Docking Station (MDS), aux-in and USB charger, front speakers and central locking
"We are very excited to be part of history in India with the introduction of our very first model - the Datsun GO. Together, we have embarked on a long journey in one of the most complex, demanding and promising markets in the world. We are confident that the aspirational 'Risers' in India will identify with our product and brand," Business Standard quoted Kenichiro Yomura, President - Nissan India Operations.
The car, which went on production last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, is available for pre-order, with an advance payment of ₹11,000. Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will sell the new Datsun Go in the country through its 125 dealerships.
Variants and Price
Go D- 3.12 lakh
Go A- 3.46 lakh
Go T- 3.69 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’