Datsun Go Hatchback Launched In India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 8:27 PM EST
Nissan Motors on Wednesday launched its much-awaited small car offering Datsun Go in India, with a price range starting at 3.12 lakh.
The Go hatchback, the first offering from the Datsun brand after the revival of the company by Nissan, will be offered in India in three variants. Powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm, the Datsun Go is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl. The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds. It measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2450mm.
The car will be pitted against Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market and will be available in four paint jobs - White, Silver, Sky and Ruby. D, the base variant of the Datsun Go, comes with features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The middle variant, A, features air conditioner with filter, chrome front grille, body coloured bumpers and Jacquard seat upholstery. Finally, the top-end variant, T, comes loaded with electric power steering, front power windows, Mobile Docking Station (MDS), aux-in and USB charger, front speakers and central locking
"We are very excited to be part of history in India with the introduction of our very first model - the Datsun GO. Together, we have embarked on a long journey in one of the most complex, demanding and promising markets in the world. We are confident that the aspirational 'Risers' in India will identify with our product and brand," Business Standard quoted Kenichiro Yomura, President - Nissan India Operations.
The car, which went on production last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, is available for pre-order, with an advance payment of ₹11,000. Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will sell the new Datsun Go in the country through its 125 dealerships.
Variants and Price
Go D- 3.12 lakh
Go A- 3.46 lakh
Go T- 3.69 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks