Datsun Go Hatchback Launched In India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 8:27 PM EST
Nissan Motors on Wednesday launched its much-awaited small car offering Datsun Go in India, with a price range starting at 3.12 lakh.
The Go hatchback, the first offering from the Datsun brand after the revival of the company by Nissan, will be offered in India in three variants. Powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm, the Datsun Go is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl. The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds. It measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2450mm.
The car will be pitted against Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market and will be available in four paint jobs - White, Silver, Sky and Ruby. D, the base variant of the Datsun Go, comes with features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The middle variant, A, features air conditioner with filter, chrome front grille, body coloured bumpers and Jacquard seat upholstery. Finally, the top-end variant, T, comes loaded with electric power steering, front power windows, Mobile Docking Station (MDS), aux-in and USB charger, front speakers and central locking
"We are very excited to be part of history in India with the introduction of our very first model - the Datsun GO. Together, we have embarked on a long journey in one of the most complex, demanding and promising markets in the world. We are confident that the aspirational 'Risers' in India will identify with our product and brand," Business Standard quoted Kenichiro Yomura, President - Nissan India Operations.
The car, which went on production last month at the company's Oragadam facility in Tamil Nadu, is available for pre-order, with an advance payment of ₹11,000. Nissan, which has been operating in India through their country partner Hover Automotive, will sell the new Datsun Go in the country through its 125 dealerships.
Variants and Price
Go D- 3.12 lakh
Go A- 3.46 lakh
Go T- 3.69 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers