Vidya Balan Opts Out of Films, Sparks Pregnancy Rumours
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 19, 2014 8:26 PM EST
Bollywood actress Vidya Balan has given a push to pregnancy reports yet again after declining two major films.
Vidya Balan Promotes 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' at a special brunch
Balan has reportedly exited from Sujoy Ghosh's next "Rani Durga Singh" and Mohit Suri's "Humaari Adhuri Kahaani" despite giving her initial nod to the projects.
The actress will reportedly be replaced by the talented Kangana Ranaut in Ghosh's film. Still, the bigger question arises as to why Balan suddenly backed off from the projects to which she had previously committed.
The only probable answer comes across is the actress's pregnancy which has been in speculations for quite some time now. Even though the 36-year-old has categorically denied the reports in an earlier interview, her recent appearances in loose fitting dresses, along with her quiet visit to a Mumbai Hospital only adds fuel to the fire.
Balan has also wrapped up Dia Mirza's "Bobby Jasoos" in a swift 45-day schedule and presently has no other films at hand thus escalating the rumours.
Incidentally, Balan's retraction reminds of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's pregnancy when the diva had walked out of Madhur Bhandarkar's "Heroine" at the eleventh hour. The director was quite furious with Bachchan's end moment revelation and finally had to cast Kareena Kapoor after incurring a loss of crores.
The development brings into question the often debated topic of the inclusion of "no-pregnancy clause" in married actress' contracts. The topic was highly debated when Bachchan's pregnancy came to light and has been supported by a vast section of producers and directors. The move has also found support in veteran actress Shabana Azmi, who voiced it legitimate and necessary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal