Chelsea FC Transfer News: Monaco Plots Summer Raid on Blues Striker Reveals Agent, Rules Out Falcao as Leverage
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Ligue 1 side AS Monaco are plotting a summer move involving Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, but rules out the idea of sending Falcao the opposite way.
Ligue 1 side AS Monaco are plotting a summer raid on Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku
The 20-year-old is loaned out to rivals Everton, tallying 10 goals and 6 assists in 24 appearances in the Premier League.
He is set to return to Stamford Bridge when the season ends, but there is doubt on whether Blues boss Jose Mourinho will consider him as part of the latter's long-term plans.
Sources suggest that the Belgium international will not be sold to any club belonging to England's top-flight, while Italian news firm Tutto Mercato reported that Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, has held initial talks with the principality club.
Meanwhile, Falcao has been heavily rumoured to make a move to west London, with the "Special One" caught watching him personally in their friendly against Belgium last November.
However, he recently expressed his happiness in playing for Monaco and reiterated that he will not be leaving any time soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match