'RHOA': Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Are Guilty But Could Get Off in Fraud Case?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks seem to be following the footsteps of fellow Housewives stars Joe Giudice and Teresa Giudice. Just a few weeks after the Giudices pleaded guilty to cut a deal with the government in their fraud case, Nida is reportedly close to reaching a plea deal himself as well.
Apollo Nida was arrested on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 but the court granted a motion to resume the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. After only two months after his arrest for bank fraud, identity theft and conspiracy, Nida's lawyers and counsel for the government have been discussing possible resolutions. "They are in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution," explained the newly filed court documents Radar Online just obtained. It also reveals that they have made substantial progress toward a resolution of the case.
The court has agreed to another extension until April 25 as they figure out how Nida will come to a deal with the government. The extension supposedly makes sure that he will have enough time to consult with his counsel and investigate all the facts material for the resolution of his case. Nida continues said negotiations with the government.
At this point, it already depends on Nida's camp and it is his responsibility to make a plea deal that would please both him and the prosecution. Apollo Nida has two young sons with his wife Phaedra Parks. Unlike the Giudices though, Nida's case does not involve his wife, who is the star of the Bravo series "RHOA" and a lawyer as well. It appears that Parks did not know anything about her husband's allegedly shady business scheme and according to them, there are not talking about a possible divorce over Nida's charges.
Should Apollo take this deal? This will likely lower his sentence whether it means probation or less time served. Do you think Phaedra Parks is behind Nida's fraudulent schemes and business dealings? Is Nida smart enough to know and plan all these schemes? Is rumoured lover Angela Stanton telling the truth about Parks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine