'RHOA': Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Are Guilty But Could Get Off in Fraud Case?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks seem to be following the footsteps of fellow Housewives stars Joe Giudice and Teresa Giudice. Just a few weeks after the Giudices pleaded guilty to cut a deal with the government in their fraud case, Nida is reportedly close to reaching a plea deal himself as well.
Apollo Nida was arrested on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 but the court granted a motion to resume the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. After only two months after his arrest for bank fraud, identity theft and conspiracy, Nida's lawyers and counsel for the government have been discussing possible resolutions. "They are in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution," explained the newly filed court documents Radar Online just obtained. It also reveals that they have made substantial progress toward a resolution of the case.
The court has agreed to another extension until April 25 as they figure out how Nida will come to a deal with the government. The extension supposedly makes sure that he will have enough time to consult with his counsel and investigate all the facts material for the resolution of his case. Nida continues said negotiations with the government.
At this point, it already depends on Nida's camp and it is his responsibility to make a plea deal that would please both him and the prosecution. Apollo Nida has two young sons with his wife Phaedra Parks. Unlike the Giudices though, Nida's case does not involve his wife, who is the star of the Bravo series "RHOA" and a lawyer as well. It appears that Parks did not know anything about her husband's allegedly shady business scheme and according to them, there are not talking about a possible divorce over Nida's charges.
Should Apollo take this deal? This will likely lower his sentence whether it means probation or less time served. Do you think Phaedra Parks is behind Nida's fraudulent schemes and business dealings? Is Nida smart enough to know and plan all these schemes? Is rumoured lover Angela Stanton telling the truth about Parks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch