'RHOA': Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Are Guilty But Could Get Off in Fraud Case?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks seem to be following the footsteps of fellow Housewives stars Joe Giudice and Teresa Giudice. Just a few weeks after the Giudices pleaded guilty to cut a deal with the government in their fraud case, Nida is reportedly close to reaching a plea deal himself as well.
Apollo Nida was arrested on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 but the court granted a motion to resume the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. After only two months after his arrest for bank fraud, identity theft and conspiracy, Nida's lawyers and counsel for the government have been discussing possible resolutions. "They are in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution," explained the newly filed court documents Radar Online just obtained. It also reveals that they have made substantial progress toward a resolution of the case.
The court has agreed to another extension until April 25 as they figure out how Nida will come to a deal with the government. The extension supposedly makes sure that he will have enough time to consult with his counsel and investigate all the facts material for the resolution of his case. Nida continues said negotiations with the government.
At this point, it already depends on Nida's camp and it is his responsibility to make a plea deal that would please both him and the prosecution. Apollo Nida has two young sons with his wife Phaedra Parks. Unlike the Giudices though, Nida's case does not involve his wife, who is the star of the Bravo series "RHOA" and a lawyer as well. It appears that Parks did not know anything about her husband's allegedly shady business scheme and according to them, there are not talking about a possible divorce over Nida's charges.
Should Apollo take this deal? This will likely lower his sentence whether it means probation or less time served. Do you think Phaedra Parks is behind Nida's fraudulent schemes and business dealings? Is Nida smart enough to know and plan all these schemes? Is rumoured lover Angela Stanton telling the truth about Parks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots