'RHOA': Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Are Guilty But Could Get Off in Fraud Case?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks seem to be following the footsteps of fellow Housewives stars Joe Giudice and Teresa Giudice. Just a few weeks after the Giudices pleaded guilty to cut a deal with the government in their fraud case, Nida is reportedly close to reaching a plea deal himself as well.
Apollo Nida was arrested on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 but the court granted a motion to resume the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. After only two months after his arrest for bank fraud, identity theft and conspiracy, Nida's lawyers and counsel for the government have been discussing possible resolutions. "They are in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution," explained the newly filed court documents Radar Online just obtained. It also reveals that they have made substantial progress toward a resolution of the case.
The court has agreed to another extension until April 25 as they figure out how Nida will come to a deal with the government. The extension supposedly makes sure that he will have enough time to consult with his counsel and investigate all the facts material for the resolution of his case. Nida continues said negotiations with the government.
At this point, it already depends on Nida's camp and it is his responsibility to make a plea deal that would please both him and the prosecution. Apollo Nida has two young sons with his wife Phaedra Parks. Unlike the Giudices though, Nida's case does not involve his wife, who is the star of the Bravo series "RHOA" and a lawyer as well. It appears that Parks did not know anything about her husband's allegedly shady business scheme and according to them, there are not talking about a possible divorce over Nida's charges.
Should Apollo take this deal? This will likely lower his sentence whether it means probation or less time served. Do you think Phaedra Parks is behind Nida's fraudulent schemes and business dealings? Is Nida smart enough to know and plan all these schemes? Is rumoured lover Angela Stanton telling the truth about Parks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?