'RHOA': Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Are Guilty But Could Get Off in Fraud Case?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks seem to be following the footsteps of fellow Housewives stars Joe Giudice and Teresa Giudice. Just a few weeks after the Giudices pleaded guilty to cut a deal with the government in their fraud case, Nida is reportedly close to reaching a plea deal himself as well.
Apollo Nida was arrested on Jan. 24 and Feb. 14 but the court granted a motion to resume the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. After only two months after his arrest for bank fraud, identity theft and conspiracy, Nida's lawyers and counsel for the government have been discussing possible resolutions. "They are in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution," explained the newly filed court documents Radar Online just obtained. It also reveals that they have made substantial progress toward a resolution of the case.
The court has agreed to another extension until April 25 as they figure out how Nida will come to a deal with the government. The extension supposedly makes sure that he will have enough time to consult with his counsel and investigate all the facts material for the resolution of his case. Nida continues said negotiations with the government.
At this point, it already depends on Nida's camp and it is his responsibility to make a plea deal that would please both him and the prosecution. Apollo Nida has two young sons with his wife Phaedra Parks. Unlike the Giudices though, Nida's case does not involve his wife, who is the star of the Bravo series "RHOA" and a lawyer as well. It appears that Parks did not know anything about her husband's allegedly shady business scheme and according to them, there are not talking about a possible divorce over Nida's charges.
Should Apollo take this deal? This will likely lower his sentence whether it means probation or less time served. Do you think Phaedra Parks is behind Nida's fraudulent schemes and business dealings? Is Nida smart enough to know and plan all these schemes? Is rumoured lover Angela Stanton telling the truth about Parks?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast