'Pretty Little Liars' Season 4 Finale Spoilers: Is Ezra Alive after Being Shot?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 19, 2014 7:10 PM EST
The season 4 finale episode of “Pretty Little Liars” revealed exactly what happened the night Alison went missing, but it also left viewers wondering about the fate of a beloved character after he was shot while trying to save the girls from A.
Pretty Little Liars
Ezra, who says that he has uncovered the identity of A, gets shot by A at the end of the episode and fans have been left wondering if he will survive.
The episode starts off with Alison telling the girls about all the people she met the night she went missing. Alison was constantly harassed by a psychopathic murderer that summer, and she does a bit of sleuthing in order to find the identity of the person.
Her suspicions are cast on Jenna and Toby, but they turn out to be harmless. Alison then targets her best friends. She drugs them to rule out the possibility of them being A, if she gets a note from the murderer while they are out.
But Spencer, who has been taking speed, does not pass out like the others and Alison is forced to confront a shovel-wielding Spencer.
"I'm speeding and I'm speeding hard. I need that sweet, sweet focus. Please don't tell my parents, about all of the speeding. They'll never understand!" Spencer tells Alison, who advices her to stay off alcohol and Adderall.
Spencer walks away, but Alison is hit in the back of her head with a rock. Although she is unable to see her assailant, Mrs DiLaurentis knows the culprit, and proceeds to bury her daughter.
“What have you done?” the mentally-disturbed Mrs DiLaurentis keeps asking as she buries Alison, indicating that A might be someone known to Alison.
As Alison finishes the story, the girls are attacked by a person in a black hoodie and mask. Although they try to seek refuge on the roof, a gun-wielding A corners them. Ezra comes to their rescue, and during the scuffle with A, Hanna manages to get hold of the gun.
However, Ezra gets shot and the episode ended with the possibility of him dying in Aria’s arms.
Aria’s feelings for Ezra were reinstated after Alison revealed that Ezra was unaware that she was a minor. Also, she says that Ezra was hell-bent on finding Alison because he wanted to save her and then get back with Aria.
From the looks of it, Ezra will make a comeback in the next season, scheduled to premiere on 10 June, as Ian Harding, who plays Ezra, recently revealed that he has signed a contract for the fifth season.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS