‘The Walking Dead’ Daryl Dixon and Beth Greene: Norman Reedus Remembers the Epic Backward Hug in a Latest Tweet
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 19, 2014 7:07 PM EST
Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) and Beth Greene (Emiley Kinney) share a special bond in "The Walking Dead." No, they do not have any plans to hook up. Norman Reedus cleared the air last week that his character will not be sleeping around with Beth. Today, Norman Reedus tweeted a collage-like picture from "The Walking Dead" season 4 second-half episodes scenes.
— norman reedus (@wwwbigbaldhead) March 19, 2014
The first shot in the picture tweeted by Norman shows Daryl and Beth in the house. The next shot shows Beth hugging Daryl from behind. It was an emotional episode for both of them, perhaps more for Daryl as he opened up in front of Beth.
The last shot shows Beth looking at Daryl, and he seems to be crying.
In an interview with AccessHollywood.com, Norman explained the backward hug between Daryl and Beth in "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 12, "Still."
"We worked that out. That originally was a face-to-face hug, and it was her going, 'Stop it! Stop it!' and hug me and crying, and 'Stop it, stop it,' and hugging me. ... I kind of came up with that backwards hug thing and dude, that director really pushed that to make that really awesome," said Norman to AccessHollywood.com.
"Daryl, feeling her hug him from behind was larger to me than a face-to-face hug. It was the support. Like she's standing him up, and it wasn't so much the visual of it that I was thinking about, it was more of, he's lost in this - him screaming and all of that stuff - it's coming from a place of fear. He's afraid and to watch a tough character be afraid and lash out like that and go full circle and end in tears, is such a heavy thing, but to have someone come up behind him and lean against him and hold him up, even symbolically is like, I was going off what that would feel like to Daryl more than the visual of it, and I just felt like if he could feel that behind him, it would be more of a moment."
It looks like Norman Reedus misses being with Beth. She was kidnapped by an unidentified person in "Alone." Now, Daryl Dixon is with a new group led by Joe.
Watch Daryl Dixon in action in "The Walking Dead" season, episode 15 on Sunday, March 23, 2014 on AMC at 9 p.m. ET.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best