‘The Walking Dead’ Daryl Dixon and Beth Greene: Norman Reedus Remembers the Epic Backward Hug in a Latest Tweet
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 19, 2014 7:07 PM EST
Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) and Beth Greene (Emiley Kinney) share a special bond in "The Walking Dead." No, they do not have any plans to hook up. Norman Reedus cleared the air last week that his character will not be sleeping around with Beth. Today, Norman Reedus tweeted a collage-like picture from "The Walking Dead" season 4 second-half episodes scenes.
— norman reedus (@wwwbigbaldhead) March 19, 2014
The first shot in the picture tweeted by Norman shows Daryl and Beth in the house. The next shot shows Beth hugging Daryl from behind. It was an emotional episode for both of them, perhaps more for Daryl as he opened up in front of Beth.
The last shot shows Beth looking at Daryl, and he seems to be crying.
In an interview with AccessHollywood.com, Norman explained the backward hug between Daryl and Beth in "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 12, "Still."
"We worked that out. That originally was a face-to-face hug, and it was her going, 'Stop it! Stop it!' and hug me and crying, and 'Stop it, stop it,' and hugging me. ... I kind of came up with that backwards hug thing and dude, that director really pushed that to make that really awesome," said Norman to AccessHollywood.com.
"Daryl, feeling her hug him from behind was larger to me than a face-to-face hug. It was the support. Like she's standing him up, and it wasn't so much the visual of it that I was thinking about, it was more of, he's lost in this - him screaming and all of that stuff - it's coming from a place of fear. He's afraid and to watch a tough character be afraid and lash out like that and go full circle and end in tears, is such a heavy thing, but to have someone come up behind him and lean against him and hold him up, even symbolically is like, I was going off what that would feel like to Daryl more than the visual of it, and I just felt like if he could feel that behind him, it would be more of a moment."
It looks like Norman Reedus misses being with Beth. She was kidnapped by an unidentified person in "Alone." Now, Daryl Dixon is with a new group led by Joe.
Watch Daryl Dixon in action in "The Walking Dead" season, episode 15 on Sunday, March 23, 2014 on AMC at 9 p.m. ET.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles