‘Orange is the New Black’ Spoilers: Season 2 Features New Street-Smart Character and Piper, Larry Relationship Turmoil
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 7:04 PM EST
The Season 2 of Netflix original drama series, "Orange is the New Black," is set to deliver compelling and richer content compared to Season 1, as old characters will get more screen-time and new characters will arrive. Here is the latest update about the upcoming season.
Piper Chapman and Larry Bloom's relationship was one of the key story-lines of the last season. The new season will tackle the fall-out of this relationship. Larry will be seen battling conflicting thoughts. Jason Biggs, who plays Larry, said, as quoted by The Wrap, "When we left Larry and Piper in season one, their relationship was precarious at best, and for Larry, season 2 is pretty much spent trying to figure out if the damage that was done to the relationship is irreparable or if there's something that they can mend there. I think it's hard for him to just give up on it, so season two is spent with that sort of turmoil."
Brigg had earlier said to E! Online that Larry is becoming a "little greedy" and a "little questionable" in the new season, as he realises that more than being loyal to Chapman, he needs to be selfish and think about himself. He had also indicated that Larry will be taking advantage of Piper.
The promotional photos, released recently, featured Lorraine Toussaint as Vee. The actress has a recurring role in the second season. According to Deadline, Vee is street-smart and ran her own drug-business, recruiting children as couriers.
Talking about her character in the second season, Lorraine said that Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," has written one of the complex, difficult roles she has played.
"I think it'll be interesting seeing how this character is received, because Jenji has written a character that plays and enjoys the game, and is incredibly engaging and draws people into her -- into the big game and has -- I have a great deal of fun," Lorraine said, as quoted by The Wrap.
Netflix is scheduled to release all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM