‘Incredibles’ 2 and ‘Cars’ 3 Officially Confirmed – What Took so You Long? Ask Fans
By Sachin Trivedi | March 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Fans have been clamoring for the sequel of "Incredibles" for some time now and reports suggested that a "Cars" 3 movie was in the works. Disney Pixar has finally confirmed the next installment of the two movies.
The story of "Incredibles" 2 is reportedly being written by Brad Bird, who had written and directed the first movie in 2004. The main theme of the movie is about a super hero family trying to live a normal life, giving up their crime fighting days.
In the first movie viewers saw Bob Parr and his wife Helen forced to give up their super hero status and try lead a normal life. They have three children each with unique superpowers. Violet can turn invisible, Dash has super speed and the baby Jack-Jack.
Bob Parr is also known as Mr. Incredible and Helen is known as Elastigirl. Both find it difficult to adjust to a normal life with no excitement. The duo and their children had to come together towards the end of the movie to save the world from an evil genius.
"Incredibles" 2 is expected to focus on the crime fighting abilities of the whole family as a unit and the consequent humour that working together brings. The first movie was able to collect over $261 million in the US and over $370 million in the international market.
Precious little was said about the "Cars" 3 movie. The main characters in the movies are the racing car Lightning McQueen and his friend Mater. The first movie focused on Lightning McQueen winning a Piston Cup and making friends in a small town called Radiator Springs.
"Cars" 2 put the focus on Mater, he was mistaken to be a secret agent and a hilarious adventure began with him trying to save his friend Lightning McQueen and others from a deadly plot during the World Grand Prix Race.
The original "Cars" movie released in 2006 and made over $240 million in the US whereas the sequel released in 2011 and made over $191 million in the U.S. Expectations will be high for the next installment of the movie.
Fans are delighted to hear that "Incredibles" 2 and "Cars" 3 are officially confirmed. The expected release date is still not known and it may be some time before the two movies hit the theaters.
More Articles to Read
Rolling Stones Singer Mike Jagger's Girlfriend L'Wren Scott Dead - Was it a Suicide? [Read]
'Two Fat Ladies' Star Chef Clarissa Dickson Wright Dies at 66 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon