2014 Volvo S80 Set to Launch in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Swedish car maker Volvo, will unveil its much-awaited the refreshed 2014 Volvo S80 in India on Wednesday.
The new avatar of Volvo 80 will hit Indian roads with minor tweaks in its interior and exterior. The car will be offered in the domestic market in two powertrain options. While the base variant of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with 2.0-liter inline five-cylinder diesel engine that can generate a power of 163 hp at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque of 400 Nm, the top-end model of the car draws its power from 2.4-liter inline five-cylinder engine. This engine claims to produce 215bhp of power and 400Nm of torque.
The Volvo S80, which was first shown at the Geneva Motor Show 2013, along with refreshed S60 and XC60 will be pitted against the BMW 5, Mercedes-Benz E Class and Audi A6 in the sub-continent market.
Volvo S80 is the oldest car on offer in India from the Volvo. Talking of the changes, the new facelifted Volvo S80 accommodates Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), smaller grille and new bumpers. All Volvo vehicles are brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBU).
Though the new Volvo prices are yet to be known, the base D4 model is likely to be priced at 41.9 lakh and the top D5 variant is likely to fall at 45.5 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Mumbai),according to AutoCarIndia.
The sales of Volvo Car Group's vehicle were up 4.6 percent on a year ago. The company sold 29,984 units of vehicles in February, thanks to growth of around 12 percent in China and 5.6 percent in Western Europe.
While the car sales rose 5.6 percent to 10,906 in Western Europe, in the US market, the company witnessed a decline of 18 percent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS