2014 Volvo S80 Set to Launch in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Swedish car maker Volvo, will unveil its much-awaited the refreshed 2014 Volvo S80 in India on Wednesday.
The new avatar of Volvo 80 will hit Indian roads with minor tweaks in its interior and exterior. The car will be offered in the domestic market in two powertrain options. While the base variant of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with 2.0-liter inline five-cylinder diesel engine that can generate a power of 163 hp at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque of 400 Nm, the top-end model of the car draws its power from 2.4-liter inline five-cylinder engine. This engine claims to produce 215bhp of power and 400Nm of torque.
The Volvo S80, which was first shown at the Geneva Motor Show 2013, along with refreshed S60 and XC60 will be pitted against the BMW 5, Mercedes-Benz E Class and Audi A6 in the sub-continent market.
Volvo S80 is the oldest car on offer in India from the Volvo. Talking of the changes, the new facelifted Volvo S80 accommodates Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), smaller grille and new bumpers. All Volvo vehicles are brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBU).
Though the new Volvo prices are yet to be known, the base D4 model is likely to be priced at 41.9 lakh and the top D5 variant is likely to fall at 45.5 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Mumbai),according to AutoCarIndia.
The sales of Volvo Car Group's vehicle were up 4.6 percent on a year ago. The company sold 29,984 units of vehicles in February, thanks to growth of around 12 percent in China and 5.6 percent in Western Europe.
While the car sales rose 5.6 percent to 10,906 in Western Europe, in the US market, the company witnessed a decline of 18 percent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?