2014 Volvo S80 Set to Launch in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Swedish car maker Volvo, will unveil its much-awaited the refreshed 2014 Volvo S80 in India on Wednesday.
The new avatar of Volvo 80 will hit Indian roads with minor tweaks in its interior and exterior. The car will be offered in the domestic market in two powertrain options. While the base variant of the 2014 Volvo S80 comes with 2.0-liter inline five-cylinder diesel engine that can generate a power of 163 hp at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque of 400 Nm, the top-end model of the car draws its power from 2.4-liter inline five-cylinder engine. This engine claims to produce 215bhp of power and 400Nm of torque.
The Volvo S80, which was first shown at the Geneva Motor Show 2013, along with refreshed S60 and XC60 will be pitted against the BMW 5, Mercedes-Benz E Class and Audi A6 in the sub-continent market.
Volvo S80 is the oldest car on offer in India from the Volvo. Talking of the changes, the new facelifted Volvo S80 accommodates Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), smaller grille and new bumpers. All Volvo vehicles are brought to India as Completely Built-up Unit (CBU).
Though the new Volvo prices are yet to be known, the base D4 model is likely to be priced at 41.9 lakh and the top D5 variant is likely to fall at 45.5 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Mumbai),according to AutoCarIndia.
The sales of Volvo Car Group's vehicle were up 4.6 percent on a year ago. The company sold 29,984 units of vehicles in February, thanks to growth of around 12 percent in China and 5.6 percent in Western Europe.
While the car sales rose 5.6 percent to 10,906 in Western Europe, in the US market, the company witnessed a decline of 18 percent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar