Criminal Minds Renewed for Season 10, Season 9 Episode 19 Teased, and The Office Star Gets Killer Role
By Gel Galang | March 19, 2014 6:49 PM EST
With just a few episodes before the Criminal Minds Season 9 comes to a close, CBS has just announced the renewal of the crime drama for yet another season.
This puts Criminal Minds at its 10th season run, a big achievement and an even bigger success, considering how it maintained the quality of the writing and acting as well as its slew of followers and viewers.
TV Line reports that Criminal Minds is just one of the shows that have been renewed by CBS, another big hit of which is The Big Bang Theory. Other dramas that have seen the green light for another season include Hawaii Five-O, The Good Wife, NCIS: Los Angeles, Elementary, CSI, Person of Interest and Blue Bloods.
Over at the comedies, Criminal Minds will also be getting another season alongside 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly Mom and The Miller, while 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss have also been given a go.
It seems that the 2015 string of shows will have an exciting line-up, and Criminal Minds fans are given another season to watch the BAU team in action and on the heels of unsubs.
Brian Baumgartner to Play the Role of Murderer
The Office alumni Brian Baumgartner will be joining the cast of villains and unsubs for Criminal Minds for Season 9 Episode 22, titled "Fatal." And in this role, he'll be playing the role of a man who has hit that point of his life where he just snaps and starts to go on killing sprees.
CarterMatt.com reports that given that Baumgartner is set to appear in the latter episode of the season, there may be a possibility that he can be the Big Bad Unsub for the season.
Criminal Minds certainly has a tested formula when it comes to ending a season, and this involves either a cliffhanger or introducing the ultimate villain who will span a few episodes before having an explosive finale.
So far, there has been no confirmation yet if he will have the role the likes of the Kingfisher, the Regulator or the Silencer, but it would be interesting to see where this role will take Baumgartner--and where it will take the show in general, seeing the renewal for another season.
Criminal Minds Season 9 Episode 19 preview and sneaks
The upcoming episode for Criminal Minds Season 9, Episode 19 titled "The Edge of Winter" has already been teased.
Spoiler TV has the official press release, which states that the BAU team will be dealing with a number of stabbing incidences in New York. This time, Morgan will be taking the stage, as he questions the events of the case and leads him to have more questions about the case than answers.
Check out the promo trailer below for more.
Read more entertainment news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks