After Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan Gets Injured While Shooting for ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | March 19, 2014 6:33 PM EST
After Shah Rukh Khan, it's Abhishek Bachchan who hurt himself on the sets of the upcoming film "Happy New Year" (HNY).
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan as brand ambassador of Prestige [Photo:Varinder Chawla]
The "Bol Bachchan" actor recently hurt his right wrist while shooting for the film, but respecting professional commitments Jr. Bachchan resumed shooting for the film.
"He does not want his injury to delay filming. The team will ensure precautions are taken and the injury doesn't aggravate," a source told Hindustan Times.
Doctors advised him to wear a wrist splint till he recovers from the injury. Apart from shooting the film, the actor had other professional commitments to fulfill.
Bachchan attended the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Frames in Mumbai on Thursday (14 March). He also went to London School of Economics, where he was invited as a speaker.
After returning from London, Bachchan resumed shooting for Farah Khan's directorial film "HNY".
Earlier in January, SRK was injured on the same film set after a door crashed on him. The team of "HNY" was shooting in JW Marriott in Juhu, Mumbai, when the door crashed on him. He has immediately rushed to Nanavati Hospital in Vile Parle. [Read the full story here]
SRK's office issued an official statement stating that the actor suffered minor injury and has got the necessary medical aid.
Later it was reported that he suffered a fractured shoulder and his left knee's patellar is torn.
SRK came back to shoots from hospital for which he received a standing ovation from the entire cast and crew of the film. But director Farah cancelled the shooting of the film. [Read the full story here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists