After Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan Gets Injured While Shooting for ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | March 19, 2014 6:33 PM EST
After Shah Rukh Khan, it's Abhishek Bachchan who hurt himself on the sets of the upcoming film "Happy New Year" (HNY).
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan as brand ambassador of Prestige [Photo:Varinder Chawla]
The "Bol Bachchan" actor recently hurt his right wrist while shooting for the film, but respecting professional commitments Jr. Bachchan resumed shooting for the film.
"He does not want his injury to delay filming. The team will ensure precautions are taken and the injury doesn't aggravate," a source told Hindustan Times.
Doctors advised him to wear a wrist splint till he recovers from the injury. Apart from shooting the film, the actor had other professional commitments to fulfill.
Bachchan attended the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Frames in Mumbai on Thursday (14 March). He also went to London School of Economics, where he was invited as a speaker.
After returning from London, Bachchan resumed shooting for Farah Khan's directorial film "HNY".
Earlier in January, SRK was injured on the same film set after a door crashed on him. The team of "HNY" was shooting in JW Marriott in Juhu, Mumbai, when the door crashed on him. He has immediately rushed to Nanavati Hospital in Vile Parle. [Read the full story here]
SRK's office issued an official statement stating that the actor suffered minor injury and has got the necessary medical aid.
Later it was reported that he suffered a fractured shoulder and his left knee's patellar is torn.
SRK came back to shoots from hospital for which he received a standing ovation from the entire cast and crew of the film. But director Farah cancelled the shooting of the film. [Read the full story here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica