AirAsia Pilot Nadira Ramli Waits for Fiancé Fariq Abdul Hamid, Co-Pilot of Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 19, 2014 6:04 PM EST
Captain Nadira Ramli [Image] waits for her groom-to-be Fariq Abdul Hamid, the co-pilot of the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 which went missing on March 8. Ms Ramli was supposed to get married to Mr Hamid. Destiny, on the contrary, keeps her waiting.
A woman writes a message on a board dedicated to passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and their family members, in Petaling Jaya March 19, 2014.
Ms Ramli has been on a one-month leave from her job as she is with the mother of Mr Hamid. The 26-year-old aviator, along with her would-be mother-in-law, waits for the investigation to come up with a positive update about the missing flight. The mother is presently at a Kuala Lumpur hotel, while there is still no trace of the flight even after 11 days since the disappearance.
Theories behind how the plane might have been hijacked, crashed or deliberately kept invisible keep on floating in the social media. However, the theories do not seem to be enough to comfort Ms Ramli who has known Mr Hamid for the last nine years. Ms Ramli studied with him in the same pilot school in Langkawi. While Mr Hamid started working for Malaysian Airlines, Ms Ramli became a pilot in AirAsia.
According to Daily Express, Ms Ramli has shown extreme composure so far. She has been a strong support for Mr Hamid's mother. On the other hand, her family is upset about the rumours regarding MH370. The speculation never seems to end as the Malaysian Airlines flight remains an unfulfilled mystery as it seems to have disappeared into the thin air one fine morning and never got traced.
Ms Ramli's mother, Nancy Jipanis, told Daily Express that they would not be able to say anything at the moment. She said that she had not spoken to her daughter while they were "grieving." One of the relatives said that her daughter is "positive" about what happened. Ms Ramli told her family not to pay attention to what they might listen to television. The relative who refused to be named called Ms Ramli a "glimmer of hope" in the face of adversity. Ms Ramli's family likes Mr Hamid "very much," the relative said.
We still have to wait to see if Capt. Ramli eventually gets married to Capt. Hamid. If that does happen, it will be no short of a fairy-tale, one may presume.
Update on March 24, 2014: Flight MH370 'crashed in south Indian Ocean' - Malaysia PM
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Conspiracy Theory: CIA and Ukraine Together ‘Orchestrated’ Boeing 777’s Shot Down; Russian Media Accuses the U.S.- Report
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales