AirAsia Pilot Nadira Ramli Waits for Fiancé Fariq Abdul Hamid, Co-Pilot of Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 19, 2014 6:04 PM EST
Captain Nadira Ramli [Image] waits for her groom-to-be Fariq Abdul Hamid, the co-pilot of the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 which went missing on March 8. Ms Ramli was supposed to get married to Mr Hamid. Destiny, on the contrary, keeps her waiting.
A woman writes a message on a board dedicated to passengers onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and their family members, in Petaling Jaya March 19, 2014.
Ms Ramli has been on a one-month leave from her job as she is with the mother of Mr Hamid. The 26-year-old aviator, along with her would-be mother-in-law, waits for the investigation to come up with a positive update about the missing flight. The mother is presently at a Kuala Lumpur hotel, while there is still no trace of the flight even after 11 days since the disappearance.
Theories behind how the plane might have been hijacked, crashed or deliberately kept invisible keep on floating in the social media. However, the theories do not seem to be enough to comfort Ms Ramli who has known Mr Hamid for the last nine years. Ms Ramli studied with him in the same pilot school in Langkawi. While Mr Hamid started working for Malaysian Airlines, Ms Ramli became a pilot in AirAsia.
According to Daily Express, Ms Ramli has shown extreme composure so far. She has been a strong support for Mr Hamid's mother. On the other hand, her family is upset about the rumours regarding MH370. The speculation never seems to end as the Malaysian Airlines flight remains an unfulfilled mystery as it seems to have disappeared into the thin air one fine morning and never got traced.
Ms Ramli's mother, Nancy Jipanis, told Daily Express that they would not be able to say anything at the moment. She said that she had not spoken to her daughter while they were "grieving." One of the relatives said that her daughter is "positive" about what happened. Ms Ramli told her family not to pay attention to what they might listen to television. The relative who refused to be named called Ms Ramli a "glimmer of hope" in the face of adversity. Ms Ramli's family likes Mr Hamid "very much," the relative said.
We still have to wait to see if Capt. Ramli eventually gets married to Capt. Hamid. If that does happen, it will be no short of a fairy-tale, one may presume.
Update on March 24, 2014: Flight MH370 'crashed in south Indian Ocean' - Malaysia PM
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Eighty Dead Bodies Still Scattered around MH17 Crash Site, Australia Says
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools