Miley Cyrus' 'Bangerz' Tour Update: Bras Thrown Up on the Stage; Bangerz Bus Going Up in Flames?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Diverse reactions bubble up in space as "Wrecking Ball" singer Miley Cyrus hops from one stage to another and brings the audience into one exhilarating ride after another.
Singer and actress Miley Cyrus arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013.
Cyrus never ceases to surprise the public with her new career exploits, and recently the singer caught the attention of the public when her "Bangerz" bus was captured on video going up in flames. In addition to that, Cyrus together with The Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne had reportedly stepped up the game as the audience threw bras up on the stage during the singer's Bangerz tour.
On Monday, March 17, Miley Cyrus' sister Noah took it to herself to upload a series of videos on Instagram showing the 21-year-old singer's Bangerz bus going up in flames. The fans' initial reaction was to freak out with a lot of OMGs on the way. Noah Cyrus decided, then, to clear it on Twitter, saying that no one was hurt and everybody was safe.
Yes, everyone got out safe no one is injured what so ever!! everything is okay!!
— Noah Lindsey Cyrus (@noahcyrus) March 18, 2014
Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne performed together once again. Huffington Post reported that Coyne and multi-instrumentalist Steven Drozd joined Cyrus on the stage for the Tulsa, Oklahoma stop of the Bangerz tour.
Cyrus and Coyne sang Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (Part 1) like what they did in Los Angeles. And for some foreign concept, the audience started throwing bras onto the stage.
The trio did the song twice, like in Los Angeles except for the bras. The 53-year old rocker also held up a sign that said "F-K YEAH TULSA."
Later on, Flaming Lips and Cyrus started working on a cover of the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamond" with MGMT member Andrew VanWyngarden for a rumoured full-on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
According to the Rolling Stone Music Web site, prior to the performance Coyne was caught saying that he was scared to perform "Yoshimi."
"Forgive me if I f-k up," Coyne said before the performance with Cyrus and Drozd. "I'm scared!"
Miley Cyrus doubted it. In the end, Cyrus and the Flaming Lips sang the song twice.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal