‘American Horror Story’ Spoilers: Season 4 Set in Carnival, Title Not Yet Decided
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Even before the finale of "American Horror Story-Coven," the fans' rumour mill was churning out the news that the season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be set be in a circus. In an interview, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that there was no truth in the circus rumour. However, Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," now has confirmed that the new season will be set in a carnival.
In a Nerdist writer's panel podcast, Petrie confirmed the carnival setting, without revealing anything about the new season's story-line. According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival."
In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
In one of his interviews, Ryan had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. The events of 1950 hold a clue to what will be the theme of the upcoming season. Jessica Lange has confirmed that Season 4 will be her final season with "American Horror Story." Ryan had said that the actress is playing a role similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich. Lange is working on her German accent for the role, while Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill. There is no news on who else is returning for the fourth season of this hit FX's horror drama series.
The Season 4 of "American Horror Story" is scheduled to premiere in October, 2014, while the filming is expected to begin sometime in June. The new season will have a new story, with new good and bad characters. However, the creators want to retain the lighter side of Season 3 in Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand