‘American Horror Story’ Spoilers: Season 4 Set in Carnival, Title Not Yet Decided
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Even before the finale of "American Horror Story-Coven," the fans' rumour mill was churning out the news that the season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be set be in a circus. In an interview, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that there was no truth in the circus rumour. However, Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," now has confirmed that the new season will be set in a carnival.
In a Nerdist writer's panel podcast, Petrie confirmed the carnival setting, without revealing anything about the new season's story-line. According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival."
In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
In one of his interviews, Ryan had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. The events of 1950 hold a clue to what will be the theme of the upcoming season. Jessica Lange has confirmed that Season 4 will be her final season with "American Horror Story." Ryan had said that the actress is playing a role similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich. Lange is working on her German accent for the role, while Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill. There is no news on who else is returning for the fourth season of this hit FX's horror drama series.
The Season 4 of "American Horror Story" is scheduled to premiere in October, 2014, while the filming is expected to begin sometime in June. The new season will have a new story, with new good and bad characters. However, the creators want to retain the lighter side of Season 3 in Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown