‘American Horror Story’ Spoilers: Season 4 Set in Carnival, Title Not Yet Decided
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Even before the finale of "American Horror Story-Coven," the fans' rumour mill was churning out the news that the season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be set be in a circus. In an interview, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that there was no truth in the circus rumour. However, Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," now has confirmed that the new season will be set in a carnival.
In a Nerdist writer's panel podcast, Petrie confirmed the carnival setting, without revealing anything about the new season's story-line. According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival."
In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
In one of his interviews, Ryan had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. The events of 1950 hold a clue to what will be the theme of the upcoming season. Jessica Lange has confirmed that Season 4 will be her final season with "American Horror Story." Ryan had said that the actress is playing a role similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich. Lange is working on her German accent for the role, while Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill. There is no news on who else is returning for the fourth season of this hit FX's horror drama series.
The Season 4 of "American Horror Story" is scheduled to premiere in October, 2014, while the filming is expected to begin sometime in June. The new season will have a new story, with new good and bad characters. However, the creators want to retain the lighter side of Season 3 in Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase