‘American Horror Story’ Spoilers: Season 4 Set in Carnival, Title Not Yet Decided
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Even before the finale of "American Horror Story-Coven," the fans' rumour mill was churning out the news that the season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be set be in a circus. In an interview, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that there was no truth in the circus rumour. However, Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," now has confirmed that the new season will be set in a carnival.
In a Nerdist writer's panel podcast, Petrie confirmed the carnival setting, without revealing anything about the new season's story-line. According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival."
In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
In one of his interviews, Ryan had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. The events of 1950 hold a clue to what will be the theme of the upcoming season. Jessica Lange has confirmed that Season 4 will be her final season with "American Horror Story." Ryan had said that the actress is playing a role similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich. Lange is working on her German accent for the role, while Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill. There is no news on who else is returning for the fourth season of this hit FX's horror drama series.
The Season 4 of "American Horror Story" is scheduled to premiere in October, 2014, while the filming is expected to begin sometime in June. The new season will have a new story, with new good and bad characters. However, the creators want to retain the lighter side of Season 3 in Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6