‘American Horror Story’ Spoilers: Season 4 Set in Carnival, Title Not Yet Decided
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 19, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Even before the finale of "American Horror Story-Coven," the fans' rumour mill was churning out the news that the season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be set be in a circus. In an interview, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that there was no truth in the circus rumour. However, Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," now has confirmed that the new season will be set in a carnival.
In a Nerdist writer's panel podcast, Petrie confirmed the carnival setting, without revealing anything about the new season's story-line. According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival."
In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
In one of his interviews, Ryan had revealed that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. The events of 1950 hold a clue to what will be the theme of the upcoming season. Jessica Lange has confirmed that Season 4 will be her final season with "American Horror Story." Ryan had said that the actress is playing a role similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich. Lange is working on her German accent for the role, while Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill. There is no news on who else is returning for the fourth season of this hit FX's horror drama series.
The Season 4 of "American Horror Story" is scheduled to premiere in October, 2014, while the filming is expected to begin sometime in June. The new season will have a new story, with new good and bad characters. However, the creators want to retain the lighter side of Season 3 in Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS