Box Office: Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' to Clash with 'Bhadram'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 19, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade" is all set to clash with Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's film "Bhadram" at the box office on 21 March. [Also Read: Will Ajith's "Veerudokkade" Repeat "Veeram" Success?]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
"Veerudokkade" is the Telugu dubbed version of "Veeram," whereas "Bhadram" is the dubbed version of murder mystery flick "Thegidi."
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, performed well at the box office. The film received overwhelming response from fans and set the cash registers ringing. The Ajith starrer turned out to be an average venture in Tamil Nadu, but was a hit outside the state.
Recently, "Veeram" completed 50-day theatrical run in a few theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film was the second consecutive hit for Ajith, post the success of 2013 Diwali release "Arramabam."
"Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu and was released as "Aata Aarambam" last year. The stylish action entertainer performed average business at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Now, the dubbed version of "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to impress the Telugu audience.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veerudokkade" is a mass, masala entertainer with all the commercial elements including action, punch dialogues, songs, romance and emotions. The film's story revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Vidarth, Bala, Munish and Suhail. Tamannaah appears as the female lead, while other cast members include Nassar, Atul Kulkarni, Pradeep Rawat, Santhanam and Ramesh Khanna.
The film will be clashing with "Bhadram" at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The Tamil version of "Bhadram" ("Thegidi"), which hit the screens in February, is still doing good business at the box office. The film received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Armed with positive word of mouth, the Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer is doing rock-steady business in Tamil Nadu. The Telugu version "Bhadram" is also carrying positive pre-release buzz. One needs to see whether the film, directed by P. Ramesh, will be able to garner good response from the audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report