Box Office: Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' to Clash with 'Bhadram'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 19, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade" is all set to clash with Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's film "Bhadram" at the box office on 21 March. [Also Read: Will Ajith's "Veerudokkade" Repeat "Veeram" Success?]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
"Veerudokkade" is the Telugu dubbed version of "Veeram," whereas "Bhadram" is the dubbed version of murder mystery flick "Thegidi."
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, performed well at the box office. The film received overwhelming response from fans and set the cash registers ringing. The Ajith starrer turned out to be an average venture in Tamil Nadu, but was a hit outside the state.
Recently, "Veeram" completed 50-day theatrical run in a few theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film was the second consecutive hit for Ajith, post the success of 2013 Diwali release "Arramabam."
"Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu and was released as "Aata Aarambam" last year. The stylish action entertainer performed average business at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Now, the dubbed version of "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to impress the Telugu audience.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veerudokkade" is a mass, masala entertainer with all the commercial elements including action, punch dialogues, songs, romance and emotions. The film's story revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Vidarth, Bala, Munish and Suhail. Tamannaah appears as the female lead, while other cast members include Nassar, Atul Kulkarni, Pradeep Rawat, Santhanam and Ramesh Khanna.
The film will be clashing with "Bhadram" at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The Tamil version of "Bhadram" ("Thegidi"), which hit the screens in February, is still doing good business at the box office. The film received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Armed with positive word of mouth, the Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer is doing rock-steady business in Tamil Nadu. The Telugu version "Bhadram" is also carrying positive pre-release buzz. One needs to see whether the film, directed by P. Ramesh, will be able to garner good response from the audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier