Box Office: Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' to Clash with 'Bhadram'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 19, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade" is all set to clash with Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's film "Bhadram" at the box office on 21 March. [Also Read: Will Ajith's "Veerudokkade" Repeat "Veeram" Success?]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
"Veerudokkade" is the Telugu dubbed version of "Veeram," whereas "Bhadram" is the dubbed version of murder mystery flick "Thegidi."
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, performed well at the box office. The film received overwhelming response from fans and set the cash registers ringing. The Ajith starrer turned out to be an average venture in Tamil Nadu, but was a hit outside the state.
Recently, "Veeram" completed 50-day theatrical run in a few theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film was the second consecutive hit for Ajith, post the success of 2013 Diwali release "Arramabam."
"Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu and was released as "Aata Aarambam" last year. The stylish action entertainer performed average business at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Now, the dubbed version of "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to impress the Telugu audience.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veerudokkade" is a mass, masala entertainer with all the commercial elements including action, punch dialogues, songs, romance and emotions. The film's story revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Vidarth, Bala, Munish and Suhail. Tamannaah appears as the female lead, while other cast members include Nassar, Atul Kulkarni, Pradeep Rawat, Santhanam and Ramesh Khanna.
The film will be clashing with "Bhadram" at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The Tamil version of "Bhadram" ("Thegidi"), which hit the screens in February, is still doing good business at the box office. The film received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Armed with positive word of mouth, the Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer is doing rock-steady business in Tamil Nadu. The Telugu version "Bhadram" is also carrying positive pre-release buzz. One needs to see whether the film, directed by P. Ramesh, will be able to garner good response from the audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date