Box Office: Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' to Clash with 'Bhadram'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 19, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade" is all set to clash with Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's film "Bhadram" at the box office on 21 March. [Also Read: Will Ajith's "Veerudokkade" Repeat "Veeram" Success?]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
"Veerudokkade" is the Telugu dubbed version of "Veeram," whereas "Bhadram" is the dubbed version of murder mystery flick "Thegidi."
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, performed well at the box office. The film received overwhelming response from fans and set the cash registers ringing. The Ajith starrer turned out to be an average venture in Tamil Nadu, but was a hit outside the state.
Recently, "Veeram" completed 50-day theatrical run in a few theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film was the second consecutive hit for Ajith, post the success of 2013 Diwali release "Arramabam."
"Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu and was released as "Aata Aarambam" last year. The stylish action entertainer performed average business at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Now, the dubbed version of "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to impress the Telugu audience.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veerudokkade" is a mass, masala entertainer with all the commercial elements including action, punch dialogues, songs, romance and emotions. The film's story revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Vidarth, Bala, Munish and Suhail. Tamannaah appears as the female lead, while other cast members include Nassar, Atul Kulkarni, Pradeep Rawat, Santhanam and Ramesh Khanna.
The film will be clashing with "Bhadram" at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The Tamil version of "Bhadram" ("Thegidi"), which hit the screens in February, is still doing good business at the box office. The film received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Armed with positive word of mouth, the Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer is doing rock-steady business in Tamil Nadu. The Telugu version "Bhadram" is also carrying positive pre-release buzz. One needs to see whether the film, directed by P. Ramesh, will be able to garner good response from the audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef