Box Office: Ajith's 'Veerudokkade' to Clash with 'Bhadram'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 19, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Ajith's "Veerudokkade" is all set to clash with Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's film "Bhadram" at the box office on 21 March. [Also Read: Will Ajith's "Veerudokkade" Repeat "Veeram" Success?]
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
"Veerudokkade" is the Telugu dubbed version of "Veeram," whereas "Bhadram" is the dubbed version of murder mystery flick "Thegidi."
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, performed well at the box office. The film received overwhelming response from fans and set the cash registers ringing. The Ajith starrer turned out to be an average venture in Tamil Nadu, but was a hit outside the state.
Recently, "Veeram" completed 50-day theatrical run in a few theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film was the second consecutive hit for Ajith, post the success of 2013 Diwali release "Arramabam."
"Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu and was released as "Aata Aarambam" last year. The stylish action entertainer performed average business at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Now, the dubbed version of "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to impress the Telugu audience.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veerudokkade" is a mass, masala entertainer with all the commercial elements including action, punch dialogues, songs, romance and emotions. The film's story revolves around Ajith and his four brothers played by Vidarth, Bala, Munish and Suhail. Tamannaah appears as the female lead, while other cast members include Nassar, Atul Kulkarni, Pradeep Rawat, Santhanam and Ramesh Khanna.
The film will be clashing with "Bhadram" at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The Tamil version of "Bhadram" ("Thegidi"), which hit the screens in February, is still doing good business at the box office. The film received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Armed with positive word of mouth, the Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer is doing rock-steady business in Tamil Nadu. The Telugu version "Bhadram" is also carrying positive pre-release buzz. One needs to see whether the film, directed by P. Ramesh, will be able to garner good response from the audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans