Yamaha India Recalls YZF-R1 Over Faulty Head Light Lead Coupler
By greeshma m | March 19, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Yamaha Motor's concept 250cc motorcycle R25 is displayed at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show in Tokyo
The recall is limited to the YZF-R1, which were manufactured between October 2008 and August 2013 and the company would replace the headlight sub lead in these vehicles. The recall is in accordance with the requirements of the parent company Yamaha Motor .Globally, the Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere is also being recalled along with the YZF-R1 bikes.
"Yamaha Motor Co., Japan, has determined that a defect which relates to headlight lead coupler overheating and melting exists in YZF-R 1 motorcycle falling within certain production numbers. This headlight sub lead must be replaced at the earliest in the motorcycles falling within certain production numbers," the company said.
[Check here to know whether your motorcycle is affected]
The replacement will be carried out free of cost and the owners of the aforementioned two-wheelers are requested to check if their bikes are affected. The company also asked the owners to avoid using the YZF-R1 motorcycle until the problem is fixed.
"For your convenience, Yamaha is initiating a factory modification campaign, where the affected motorcycles must get the headlight sub lead replaced with a modified one," the company said on its website.
Powered by a 998 cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve engine, YZF-R1 is retailed at ₹14.50 lakh in India. The engine delivers a power of 182.1 PS at 12,500 rpm and a torque of 115.5 Nm at 10,000 rpm. It measures 2,070 mm in length, 715 mm in width, 1,130 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,415 mm.
In India, recalling the vehicles have become a common affair after the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) introduced a voluntary recall policy in July last year.
Meanwhile, Yamaha website revstation.com has started the countdown for the launch of its next offering. Although the video on the website does not reveal the product, rumours suggest that the next unveiling of Yamaha will be YZF-R25; which was first shown at the Tokyo Motor Show.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports