Rolling Stones Postpones AUS – NZ Tour After Mick Jagger’s Girlfriend Found Dead in Manhattan [Detailed Schedule]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 19, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Australia has to wait further for the Rolling Stones to gather any moss on its soil as the a number of shows has been cancelled after the death of fashion designer L'Wren Scott who was the girlfriend of Mick Jagger - the lead singer of the band. Scott's lifeless body was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment. According to media reports, she committed suicide.
Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger and fashion stylist L'Wren Scott arrive at the "Quinzaine des Realisateurs" at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival in this May 19, 2010 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official.
The Rolling Stones was scheduled to perform at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, as a part of the 14 On Fire world tour. However, according to a Frontier Touring statement, the show is not going to happen; ABC News reported. The news was confirmed on the Rolling Stones Web site of the band. Jason Newman posted an update on the band Web site on March 18 that seven shows had been postponed due to the "apparent suicide" of Scott. The shows were supposed to take place in New Zealand and Australia.
The post on the Rolling Stones Web site reads that the band is "deeply sorry" as well as "disappointed" while announcing the postponement of the rest of the world tour. It refers to an official statement from the band: "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement. The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date."
The fans of the Rolling Stones, who must have been eager to watch their favourite band at a live concert, may feel utterly disappointed. Ticket holders have been instructed to visit the Web site of the organisers and wait for further updates. They have additionally been asked to check the Facebook and the Twitter accounts of the organisers as well. Perth tickets, ranging between $200 and $580, were sold out just minutes after going on sale.
Here are the dates of the postponed shows:
March 19 - Perth, Australia
March 22 - Adelaide, Australia
March 25 - Sydney, Australia
March 28 - Melbourne, Australia
March 30 - Macedon, Australia
April 2 - Brisbane, Australia
April 5 -Auckland, New Zealand
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People