Jennifer Lawrence Dead: Hoax Circulating the Internet, Other Celebrities also Victims
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 19, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is receiving lots of publicity, thanks to her box-office hits and her amazing personality. However, Ms. Lawrence's fame was not able to spare herself from being the subject of Internet hoax. Recently, Jennifer Lawrence has been reported dead and the controversy went viral over Facebook and Twitter.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
"Celebrity killings" do not only happen in television shows, when their characters have to be killed as the story requires. Saturday the previous week (March 15) rumours of Jennifer Lawrence death spread online like wild-fire after a certain Facebook fan page with "R.I.P. Jennifer Lawrence" reportedly appeared. The fan page has been checked as of this writing; however, no account is published containing the name.
The alleged fan page received hundreds of thousands of likes with trusting fans believing "The Hunger Games" star's passing. However, there are many who were sceptical about the report. With fake deaths circulating the Internet regarding celebrities and other popular names, dragging Jennifer Lawrence's name may not be unsurprising considering her status as Hollywood's darling.
This is not the first time that Jennifer Lawrence was reported with unlike death over the Internet, in December 2013, the Oscar winning actress almost died on "Mockingjay" set due to a faulty machine that chocked her while filming. The actress suffered vertigo and nausea after the incident, causing panic among crew members.
Representatives of Jennifer Lawrence confirmed the star is not dead, but is alive and well. Some fans expressed their frustration about the news, saying that it is distressing and hurtful according to a report.
Meanwhile, there are other big Hollywood names "killed" by false reports, the latest is "Seinfeld" star Wayne Knight who was allegedly killed by a car crash. Wayne Knight did not let the rumour spread widely before killing it, posting a Twitter update that he is definitely alive. The death hoax was clarified by a CNN report to be untrue.
Wayne Knight in a Twitter post:
Does someone have to DIE to trend? Geez! Thanks for all the love everybody. I didn’t know you cared. Glad to be breathing!
— Wayne Knight (@iWayneKnight) March 16, 2014
Celine Dion had also been a subject of death rumours. In a Facebook post in 2013, the singer reportedly died through a plane or car crash. Paul McCartney, Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen, Miley Cyrus, Jackie Chan and Tom Cruise were not spared as well. The worst case is of Eddie Murphy who is likely killed by the Internet almost every year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments