NBA News: Ex-NBA Player Ben Wallace Spends Two Days in Jail
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Former Detroit Pistons star Ben Wallace pleaded no contest on a case filed against him for leaving the scene in a February car crash in Virginia. Luckily for Wallace, the judge assigned to the case reduced the sentence to days from the original one-year verdict.
The four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year began serving his sentence on Tuesday.
Wallace crashed into a fence in a neighbourhood in Henrico County, Virginia at around 2 am on February 8, 2014.
“It was dark, but it’s clear from here I saw one person trying to fight to get out of the car,” said a witness, Silverio Acosta who owned the property.
“If he would have killed somebody right there; he would have walked away, and he doesn’t care.”
Police report stated that a SUV, who was owned by Wallace, was left at the scene of the accident and took out a 20-foot section of the fence.
The 39-year-old had a fruitful 16-year NBA career and played for the Pistons from 2000 to 2006. He was a vital piece in Detroit’s title run in 2004.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop