NBA News: Ex-NBA Player Ben Wallace Spends Two Days in Jail
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Former Detroit Pistons star Ben Wallace pleaded no contest on a case filed against him for leaving the scene in a February car crash in Virginia. Luckily for Wallace, the judge assigned to the case reduced the sentence to days from the original one-year verdict.
The four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year began serving his sentence on Tuesday.
Wallace crashed into a fence in a neighbourhood in Henrico County, Virginia at around 2 am on February 8, 2014.
“It was dark, but it’s clear from here I saw one person trying to fight to get out of the car,” said a witness, Silverio Acosta who owned the property.
“If he would have killed somebody right there; he would have walked away, and he doesn’t care.”
Police report stated that a SUV, who was owned by Wallace, was left at the scene of the accident and took out a 20-foot section of the fence.
The 39-year-old had a fruitful 16-year NBA career and played for the Pistons from 2000 to 2006. He was a vital piece in Detroit’s title run in 2004.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How