NBA News: Ex-NBA Player Ben Wallace Spends Two Days in Jail
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Former Detroit Pistons star Ben Wallace pleaded no contest on a case filed against him for leaving the scene in a February car crash in Virginia. Luckily for Wallace, the judge assigned to the case reduced the sentence to days from the original one-year verdict.
The four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year began serving his sentence on Tuesday.
Wallace crashed into a fence in a neighbourhood in Henrico County, Virginia at around 2 am on February 8, 2014.
“It was dark, but it’s clear from here I saw one person trying to fight to get out of the car,” said a witness, Silverio Acosta who owned the property.
“If he would have killed somebody right there; he would have walked away, and he doesn’t care.”
Police report stated that a SUV, who was owned by Wallace, was left at the scene of the accident and took out a 20-foot section of the fence.
The 39-year-old had a fruitful 16-year NBA career and played for the Pistons from 2000 to 2006. He was a vital piece in Detroit’s title run in 2004.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy