TCS Falls on Revenue Growth Worries
March 19, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd(TCS.NS) fell on Wednesday after analysts said the company has indicated revenue growth for the quarter ending in March could be weaker than the previous quarter.
An employee of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) works inside the company headquarters in Mumbai on 14 March, 2013.
The analysts cited comments made by TCS at an analyst briefing.
"At its quarterly analyst briefing, TCS highlighted that revenue growth in 4QFY14 could be weaker than 3QFY14. We are disappointed by the muted outlook for the quarter and expect constant currency revenue growth of around 2 percent, down from our 3 percent estimate earlier," said Kotak Institutional Equities in a report dated on Tuesday.
TCS shares were down 3.7 percent to 2043 rupees at 9;24 am.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Ebola ‘Cruise Ship’: Holidaymakers Furious Organisers Hid the Truth About Dallas Health Care Worker
- Canada Conducts Practice Drill Of Ebola Rapid Response Teams, To Send Experimental VSV-BOV Vaccine To WHO
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage