Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 19, 2014 3:05 PM EST
A simple leak that notable phone leaker @evleaks recently shared on the social networking site Twitter sparked speculations that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer could already be working on the Nokia Lumia 530 or also codenamed the "Nokia Rock." The new Windows Phone handset is anticipated to be an affordable device descendant of the Nokia Lumia 525 and 520.
Nokia Rock = Lumia 530.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 18, 2014
The WinBeta report pointed out the features and specs that device enthusiasts expect in the Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 530 is expected to be less bulky, have more RAM, enhanced screen resolution and run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. "The 'Rock' code-name does circle around music; one assuring thing is that Nokia is working on something interesting," the report noted.
Improvements on the smartphone processor and camera were suggested as well even though the screen size remains the same with the Nokia Lumia 520 and 525 handsets. The Digital Trends report further claimed that Nokia should get their work on the Nokia Lumia 530 right in order for their high sales to carry on with the pricing scheme on the reported Nokia device dictating whether it will be a success or not.
However, other details on the Nokia Lumia 530 were not revealed. The Finnish company did not give any comment to confirm the existence of the Windows Phone handset or announce the schedule of an event where they could officially introduce the device.
The Microsoft Build conference on Wednesday, April 2, is expected to be the affair where the Windows Phone 8.1 will be officially introduced along with the Nokia handsets based on the new software. Previous reports have already teased about the other approaching Nokia lineup that includes the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 or also called the "Moneypenny" as well as the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Nokia Martini.
The Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone is expected to have enhancements from the Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone handset features and specs. The Nokia Lumia 520 has a 4-inch IPS LCD screen display with 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 mobile processor, a 5MP rear-facing camera and the Adreno 305 GPU.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports