Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 19, 2014 3:05 PM EST
A simple leak that notable phone leaker @evleaks recently shared on the social networking site Twitter sparked speculations that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer could already be working on the Nokia Lumia 530 or also codenamed the "Nokia Rock." The new Windows Phone handset is anticipated to be an affordable device descendant of the Nokia Lumia 525 and 520.
Nokia Rock = Lumia 530.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 18, 2014
The WinBeta report pointed out the features and specs that device enthusiasts expect in the Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 530 is expected to be less bulky, have more RAM, enhanced screen resolution and run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. "The 'Rock' code-name does circle around music; one assuring thing is that Nokia is working on something interesting," the report noted.
Improvements on the smartphone processor and camera were suggested as well even though the screen size remains the same with the Nokia Lumia 520 and 525 handsets. The Digital Trends report further claimed that Nokia should get their work on the Nokia Lumia 530 right in order for their high sales to carry on with the pricing scheme on the reported Nokia device dictating whether it will be a success or not.
However, other details on the Nokia Lumia 530 were not revealed. The Finnish company did not give any comment to confirm the existence of the Windows Phone handset or announce the schedule of an event where they could officially introduce the device.
The Microsoft Build conference on Wednesday, April 2, is expected to be the affair where the Windows Phone 8.1 will be officially introduced along with the Nokia handsets based on the new software. Previous reports have already teased about the other approaching Nokia lineup that includes the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 or also called the "Moneypenny" as well as the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Nokia Martini.
The Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone is expected to have enhancements from the Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone handset features and specs. The Nokia Lumia 520 has a 4-inch IPS LCD screen display with 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 mobile processor, a 5MP rear-facing camera and the Adreno 305 GPU.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop