Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 19, 2014 3:05 PM EST
A simple leak that notable phone leaker @evleaks recently shared on the social networking site Twitter sparked speculations that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer could already be working on the Nokia Lumia 530 or also codenamed the "Nokia Rock." The new Windows Phone handset is anticipated to be an affordable device descendant of the Nokia Lumia 525 and 520.
Nokia Rock = Lumia 530.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 18, 2014
The WinBeta report pointed out the features and specs that device enthusiasts expect in the Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 530 is expected to be less bulky, have more RAM, enhanced screen resolution and run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. "The 'Rock' code-name does circle around music; one assuring thing is that Nokia is working on something interesting," the report noted.
Improvements on the smartphone processor and camera were suggested as well even though the screen size remains the same with the Nokia Lumia 520 and 525 handsets. The Digital Trends report further claimed that Nokia should get their work on the Nokia Lumia 530 right in order for their high sales to carry on with the pricing scheme on the reported Nokia device dictating whether it will be a success or not.
However, other details on the Nokia Lumia 530 were not revealed. The Finnish company did not give any comment to confirm the existence of the Windows Phone handset or announce the schedule of an event where they could officially introduce the device.
The Microsoft Build conference on Wednesday, April 2, is expected to be the affair where the Windows Phone 8.1 will be officially introduced along with the Nokia handsets based on the new software. Previous reports have already teased about the other approaching Nokia lineup that includes the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 or also called the "Moneypenny" as well as the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Nokia Martini.
The Nokia Lumia 530 smartphone is expected to have enhancements from the Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone handset features and specs. The Nokia Lumia 520 has a 4-inch IPS LCD screen display with 800x480p resolution, the 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 mobile processor, a 5MP rear-facing camera and the Adreno 305 GPU.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border