Liverpool FC Transfer News: Scouted Argentine Defender Caught Reds’ Attention, Summer Swoop Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 2:50 PM EST
Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo is suggested to have caught the attention of Liverpool, so much so that a summer swoop could be in the works.
Liverpool scouts were impressed with the performance of Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo in their match on Sunday against Porto
Portuguese news agency, A Bola, reported that the scouts that Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has assigned to watch the Argentine on Sunday, in their match against Porto, came up with good remarks of the latter.
The 23-year-old has already received 20 senior caps from the La Albiceleste, while establishing himself as a consistent starter at the back for Sporting, with the versatility of playing at the centre or the left side.
With Aly Cissokho bound to return to Valencia after his season-long loan, Liverpool are considering Roja to provide needed competition at the left-back position.
He is valued around £5million, but the Reds might encounter a slight problem regarding ownership, with the Primeira Liga outfit only having 25 per cent ownership rights and Doyen Sports owning the rest.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage