Liverpool FC Transfer News: Scouted Argentine Defender Caught Reds’ Attention, Summer Swoop Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 2:50 PM EST
Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo is suggested to have caught the attention of Liverpool, so much so that a summer swoop could be in the works.
Liverpool scouts were impressed with the performance of Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo in their match on Sunday against Porto
Portuguese news agency, A Bola, reported that the scouts that Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has assigned to watch the Argentine on Sunday, in their match against Porto, came up with good remarks of the latter.
The 23-year-old has already received 20 senior caps from the La Albiceleste, while establishing himself as a consistent starter at the back for Sporting, with the versatility of playing at the centre or the left side.
With Aly Cissokho bound to return to Valencia after his season-long loan, Liverpool are considering Roja to provide needed competition at the left-back position.
He is valued around £5million, but the Reds might encounter a slight problem regarding ownership, with the Primeira Liga outfit only having 25 per cent ownership rights and Doyen Sports owning the rest.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]