Liverpool FC Transfer News: Scouted Argentine Defender Caught Reds’ Attention, Summer Swoop Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 2:50 PM EST
Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo is suggested to have caught the attention of Liverpool, so much so that a summer swoop could be in the works.
Liverpool scouts were impressed with the performance of Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo in their match on Sunday against Porto
Portuguese news agency, A Bola, reported that the scouts that Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has assigned to watch the Argentine on Sunday, in their match against Porto, came up with good remarks of the latter.
The 23-year-old has already received 20 senior caps from the La Albiceleste, while establishing himself as a consistent starter at the back for Sporting, with the versatility of playing at the centre or the left side.
With Aly Cissokho bound to return to Valencia after his season-long loan, Liverpool are considering Roja to provide needed competition at the left-back position.
He is valued around £5million, but the Reds might encounter a slight problem regarding ownership, with the Primeira Liga outfit only having 25 per cent ownership rights and Doyen Sports owning the rest.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance