Rolling Stones to Tour Australia: Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Finishing Rolling Stones' last tour in Asia, the band is next to tour Australia, including Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland. Due to the death of frontman Mick Jagger's girlfriend, however, the band's show on Perth was reportedly cancelled.
The private jet of the rock band The Rolling Stones, which has painted on the side the band's trademark tongue logo, sits on the tarmac at Perth airport March 18, 2014. Celebrated fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead from an apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, police said.
According to One News, the cancellation of Rolling Stones' first show in Australia wasn't yet confirmed, but there were reports that the band had checked out of the hotel where they were staying, and that the show had been called off. The band is supposed to perform on March 19 in Perth Arena.
For Rolling Stone's 2014 "14 On Fire" tour, the band is reported to have a formula, which is to "deliver classics as well as one new song - "Doom and Gloom." There are also the two-song piece from Keith Richards and the performance of "Midnight Rambler" with former guitarist Mick Taylor.
Mick Taylor had left Rolling Stones in December 1974. According to Taylor's wiki page, since he had resigned from the band, the guitarist was able to work with numerous other artists and was able to release solo albums.
This time, however, Taylor is back with the band for the "14 On Fire" tour.
The Rolling Stones has been in the music industry since 1962, noted for the band members' long hairs and soon identified for countering the culture of the 1960s. The band is also known with their trademark tongue logo.
— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) March 16, 2014
According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, the tickets for the one-night show had been sold out just within minutes after the tickets went on sale. VIP packages cost up to $1275 per ticket while the regular ticket prices range from $200.95 to $580.45.
Also, the report stated that since the first release of tickets in December, the price of ticket had ballooned out to as high as $5000 for just a pair.
After Australia, Rolling Stones also announced that they will soon be going to tour Germany.
Here is the complete schedule of Rolling Stones' Australian "14 On Fire" Tour according to noise11.com:
1. March 19 - Perth Arena, Perth
2. March 22 - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
3. March 25 - Allphones Arena, Sydney
4. March 28 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
5. March 30 - Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges
6. April 2 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
7. April 5 - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28