Rolling Stones to Tour Australia: Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Finishing Rolling Stones' last tour in Asia, the band is next to tour Australia, including Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland. Due to the death of frontman Mick Jagger's girlfriend, however, the band's show on Perth was reportedly cancelled.
The private jet of the rock band The Rolling Stones, which has painted on the side the band's trademark tongue logo, sits on the tarmac at Perth airport March 18, 2014. Celebrated fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead from an apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, police said.
According to One News, the cancellation of Rolling Stones' first show in Australia wasn't yet confirmed, but there were reports that the band had checked out of the hotel where they were staying, and that the show had been called off. The band is supposed to perform on March 19 in Perth Arena.
For Rolling Stone's 2014 "14 On Fire" tour, the band is reported to have a formula, which is to "deliver classics as well as one new song - "Doom and Gloom." There are also the two-song piece from Keith Richards and the performance of "Midnight Rambler" with former guitarist Mick Taylor.
Mick Taylor had left Rolling Stones in December 1974. According to Taylor's wiki page, since he had resigned from the band, the guitarist was able to work with numerous other artists and was able to release solo albums.
This time, however, Taylor is back with the band for the "14 On Fire" tour.
The Rolling Stones has been in the music industry since 1962, noted for the band members' long hairs and soon identified for countering the culture of the 1960s. The band is also known with their trademark tongue logo.
— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) March 16, 2014
According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, the tickets for the one-night show had been sold out just within minutes after the tickets went on sale. VIP packages cost up to $1275 per ticket while the regular ticket prices range from $200.95 to $580.45.
Also, the report stated that since the first release of tickets in December, the price of ticket had ballooned out to as high as $5000 for just a pair.
After Australia, Rolling Stones also announced that they will soon be going to tour Germany.
Here is the complete schedule of Rolling Stones' Australian "14 On Fire" Tour according to noise11.com:
1. March 19 - Perth Arena, Perth
2. March 22 - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
3. March 25 - Allphones Arena, Sydney
4. March 28 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
5. March 30 - Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges
6. April 2 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
7. April 5 - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June