Rolling Stones to Tour Australia: Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Finishing Rolling Stones' last tour in Asia, the band is next to tour Australia, including Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Macedon Ranges, Brisbane and Auckland. Due to the death of frontman Mick Jagger's girlfriend, however, the band's show on Perth was reportedly cancelled.
The private jet of the rock band The Rolling Stones, which has painted on the side the band's trademark tongue logo, sits on the tarmac at Perth airport March 18, 2014. Celebrated fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead from an apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, police said.
According to One News, the cancellation of Rolling Stones' first show in Australia wasn't yet confirmed, but there were reports that the band had checked out of the hotel where they were staying, and that the show had been called off. The band is supposed to perform on March 19 in Perth Arena.
For Rolling Stone's 2014 "14 On Fire" tour, the band is reported to have a formula, which is to "deliver classics as well as one new song - "Doom and Gloom." There are also the two-song piece from Keith Richards and the performance of "Midnight Rambler" with former guitarist Mick Taylor.
Mick Taylor had left Rolling Stones in December 1974. According to Taylor's wiki page, since he had resigned from the band, the guitarist was able to work with numerous other artists and was able to release solo albums.
This time, however, Taylor is back with the band for the "14 On Fire" tour.
The Rolling Stones has been in the music industry since 1962, noted for the band members' long hairs and soon identified for countering the culture of the 1960s. The band is also known with their trademark tongue logo.
— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) March 16, 2014
According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, the tickets for the one-night show had been sold out just within minutes after the tickets went on sale. VIP packages cost up to $1275 per ticket while the regular ticket prices range from $200.95 to $580.45.
Also, the report stated that since the first release of tickets in December, the price of ticket had ballooned out to as high as $5000 for just a pair.
After Australia, Rolling Stones also announced that they will soon be going to tour Germany.
Here is the complete schedule of Rolling Stones' Australian "14 On Fire" Tour according to noise11.com:
1. March 19 - Perth Arena, Perth
2. March 22 - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
3. March 25 - Allphones Arena, Sydney
4. March 28 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
5. March 30 - Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges
6. April 2 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
7. April 5 - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles