Mick Jagger Girlfriend Suicide: Why Did L'Wren Scott Killed Herself in Manhattan Apartment?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 1:58 PM EST
L'Wren Scott's shocking suicide has left a lot of questions why a talented 49-year-old fashion designer would take her life. According to reports, L'Wren may have been embarrassed and mortified over her money troubles but refused to seek financial assistance from longtime partner Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
L'Wren was forced to cancel her London Fashion Week show in January and blamed it on a fabrics mishap but it could actually be that she could no longer afford to push through with the show. Her company, LS Fashion LTD reportedly had a deficit of $5,899,48 and L'Wren herself owed $7.641 million to creditors. According to her business accounts in the UK in October last year, LS Fashion had an increasing debt every year, hitting $3,063,160.87 in 2010.
According to NY Daily News, L'Wren allegedly hanged herself on a doorknob using a scarf on Mar. 17. Mick Jagger's girlfriend texted her assistant at 8:00 a.m. asking her to come over but when she arrived, she found L'Wren dead and called 911. There is no suspicion of foul play but the Medical Examiner's Office would still determine the cause of her death. She was unresponsive and announced dead on arrival.
L'Wren had been in a relationship with Mick Jagger for over 10 years before her death. According to reports, Jagger is completely shocked and devastated by the news. Pictures of him emerged a few moments after he learned the death of his girlfriend, showing his face with grief and utter shock as he left Coco's restaurant in Perth, Australia. Rolling Stones is set to start its first tour in Australia in eight years on Mar. 19. See pictures here
Earlier, the 70-year-old rock star tweeted a photo of himself at the beach with the caption: "Great to be back in Australia! Looking forward to the first show in Perth." The band also posed in front of their private plane looking excited to be back in Australia. However, the fun was short-lived when the tragic news of his girlfriend's death broke while Jagger was at an upscale restaurant.
"You will forever be missed," American fashion designer Marc Jacobs said according to The Guardian. Vogue magazine editor Anna Wintour has offered her tribute as well saying: "L'Wren was a total perfectionist, someone who absolutely embodied everything her marvellous clothes stood for: strength of character combined with a confident and powerful style."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points