Mick Jagger Girlfriend Suicide: Why Did L'Wren Scott Killed Herself in Manhattan Apartment?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 19, 2014 1:58 PM EST
L'Wren Scott's shocking suicide has left a lot of questions why a talented 49-year-old fashion designer would take her life. According to reports, L'Wren may have been embarrassed and mortified over her money troubles but refused to seek financial assistance from longtime partner Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
L'Wren was forced to cancel her London Fashion Week show in January and blamed it on a fabrics mishap but it could actually be that she could no longer afford to push through with the show. Her company, LS Fashion LTD reportedly had a deficit of $5,899,48 and L'Wren herself owed $7.641 million to creditors. According to her business accounts in the UK in October last year, LS Fashion had an increasing debt every year, hitting $3,063,160.87 in 2010.
According to NY Daily News, L'Wren allegedly hanged herself on a doorknob using a scarf on Mar. 17. Mick Jagger's girlfriend texted her assistant at 8:00 a.m. asking her to come over but when she arrived, she found L'Wren dead and called 911. There is no suspicion of foul play but the Medical Examiner's Office would still determine the cause of her death. She was unresponsive and announced dead on arrival.
L'Wren had been in a relationship with Mick Jagger for over 10 years before her death. According to reports, Jagger is completely shocked and devastated by the news. Pictures of him emerged a few moments after he learned the death of his girlfriend, showing his face with grief and utter shock as he left Coco's restaurant in Perth, Australia. Rolling Stones is set to start its first tour in Australia in eight years on Mar. 19. See pictures here
Earlier, the 70-year-old rock star tweeted a photo of himself at the beach with the caption: "Great to be back in Australia! Looking forward to the first show in Perth." The band also posed in front of their private plane looking excited to be back in Australia. However, the fun was short-lived when the tragic news of his girlfriend's death broke while Jagger was at an upscale restaurant.
"You will forever be missed," American fashion designer Marc Jacobs said according to The Guardian. Vogue magazine editor Anna Wintour has offered her tribute as well saying: "L'Wren was a total perfectionist, someone who absolutely embodied everything her marvellous clothes stood for: strength of character combined with a confident and powerful style."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu