HTC One 2014 Dated for March 25, Sales Go Up ASAP; HTC One Gets Software Update and Captain America Feature
By Gel Galang | March 19, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The HTC One 2014 has already been dated for a March 25 announcement on March 25, but it seem that there will be more to the date than just an unveiling of the new handset.
Instead of the speculated mid-April launch, it seems that the HTC One 2014 will be in stock in six branches of the UK retailer Carphone Warehouse as early as March 25 itself.
Phone Arena has gotten hold of an announcement stating that Carphone Warehouse will be getting stocks of the HTC One (M8) from the launch venue to six of their stores in London, Westfield Stratford, Centrepoint, Tottenham Court Road, Oxford Circus and Westfield White City just minutes once the London event wraps up.
Whether or not a similar setup for the U.S. is scheduled has yet to be revealed, but if so, the HTC One 2014 will definitely get a head start compared to its competition, the Samsung Galaxy S5.
HTC One gets Kitkat update for the second time
A new update that's 250MB in size is rolling in for European HTC One handsets. This is the second update for the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat following the withdrawal of the first batch.
According to Android Central, the update may include support for more routers, potentially pertaining to the changing of the earlier ROM that makes the handset incompatible with some wi-fi sources.
This time, those who are in the Nordic countries and other regions in Europe can now get the software and even update the new ROM via the Settings and software updates.
HTC featured in Captain America
One of Marvel's anticipated movies for 2014, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is slated to hit theaters April 4, is also hitting the audience with a new promotional campaign featuring the HTC One.
Spotted by GSM Arena, it seems that HTC is trying to bring back the hype for the HTC One--or at least preparing fans for the successor flagship, the HTC One 2014 (M8). In the promotional page, it says, "Only the best for the First Avenger. See the HTC One in theaters April 4th."
This may be the first time that a handset has been advertised to appear in a movie, instead of being slyly inserted in one of the scenes. This comes after the speculations of a possible price drop as soon as the HTC One 2014 (M8) handset becomes available-and a feature alongside Chris Evans may do the trick for potential buyers.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef