Lamar Odom Leaves Spanish Basketball Team to Play for the New York Knicks
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Even though Lamar Odom's back injury is reportedly the main reason why he bailed out of his basketball contract in Spain, a source close to the basketball athlete revealed that Lamar was actually hoping to get another shot and play at the National Basketball Association (NBA). Of course, nothing could be grander than playing for the most popular basketball league in the world.
The source revealed to Hollywood Life that it is true that Lamar is having some problems with his lower back but the 2011 Sixth Man of the Year's decision to withdraw his contract from the Spanish basketball club Baskonia would pave the way for him to train in the U.S and get fit and healthy.
"He really has to pick spots, and one of those spots is the New York Knicks, now that Phil Jackson is with the Knicks."
The source went on and said that Lamar will do the best that he can to prove Phil that he deserves a shot to be in the Knicks roster in 2015.
"It is his last chance," the source said.
Lamar was first rumoured to be interested in joining the Knicks in 2012. It was the time when Lamar's basketball career seemed to be going downhill.
ESPN's Ian Begley reported that Lamar, who was playing for the Dallas Mavericks then, was interested in playing for the Knicks and it has been reported that the team was considering of buying him out of his contract. However, the buyout did not take place. After playing for the Mavericks, Lamar returned to play for the Los Angeles Clippers in June 2012 before becoming a free agent a year after. Lamar made his NBA debut with the Clippers, the same team that he last played for in the NBA.
Lamar has been out of the basketball court for nearly a year after he last played for the Clippers. On Feb. 18, Laboral Kutxa, also known as Baskonia, signed him on a two-month contract but the 34-year-old suffered a major setback on what could be the opportunity for him to showcase his basketball skills when he injured his back eventually forcing him to pull out of the said contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Exit For Messi Is Possible - Tata Martino
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports