Lamar Odom Leaves Spanish Basketball Team to Play for the New York Knicks
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Even though Lamar Odom's back injury is reportedly the main reason why he bailed out of his basketball contract in Spain, a source close to the basketball athlete revealed that Lamar was actually hoping to get another shot and play at the National Basketball Association (NBA). Of course, nothing could be grander than playing for the most popular basketball league in the world.
The source revealed to Hollywood Life that it is true that Lamar is having some problems with his lower back but the 2011 Sixth Man of the Year's decision to withdraw his contract from the Spanish basketball club Baskonia would pave the way for him to train in the U.S and get fit and healthy.
"He really has to pick spots, and one of those spots is the New York Knicks, now that Phil Jackson is with the Knicks."
The source went on and said that Lamar will do the best that he can to prove Phil that he deserves a shot to be in the Knicks roster in 2015.
"It is his last chance," the source said.
Lamar was first rumoured to be interested in joining the Knicks in 2012. It was the time when Lamar's basketball career seemed to be going downhill.
ESPN's Ian Begley reported that Lamar, who was playing for the Dallas Mavericks then, was interested in playing for the Knicks and it has been reported that the team was considering of buying him out of his contract. However, the buyout did not take place. After playing for the Mavericks, Lamar returned to play for the Los Angeles Clippers in June 2012 before becoming a free agent a year after. Lamar made his NBA debut with the Clippers, the same team that he last played for in the NBA.
Lamar has been out of the basketball court for nearly a year after he last played for the Clippers. On Feb. 18, Laboral Kutxa, also known as Baskonia, signed him on a two-month contract but the 34-year-old suffered a major setback on what could be the opportunity for him to showcase his basketball skills when he injured his back eventually forcing him to pull out of the said contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes