Lamar Odom Leaves Spanish Basketball Team to Play for the New York Knicks
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Even though Lamar Odom's back injury is reportedly the main reason why he bailed out of his basketball contract in Spain, a source close to the basketball athlete revealed that Lamar was actually hoping to get another shot and play at the National Basketball Association (NBA). Of course, nothing could be grander than playing for the most popular basketball league in the world.
The source revealed to Hollywood Life that it is true that Lamar is having some problems with his lower back but the 2011 Sixth Man of the Year's decision to withdraw his contract from the Spanish basketball club Baskonia would pave the way for him to train in the U.S and get fit and healthy.
"He really has to pick spots, and one of those spots is the New York Knicks, now that Phil Jackson is with the Knicks."
The source went on and said that Lamar will do the best that he can to prove Phil that he deserves a shot to be in the Knicks roster in 2015.
"It is his last chance," the source said.
Lamar was first rumoured to be interested in joining the Knicks in 2012. It was the time when Lamar's basketball career seemed to be going downhill.
ESPN's Ian Begley reported that Lamar, who was playing for the Dallas Mavericks then, was interested in playing for the Knicks and it has been reported that the team was considering of buying him out of his contract. However, the buyout did not take place. After playing for the Mavericks, Lamar returned to play for the Los Angeles Clippers in June 2012 before becoming a free agent a year after. Lamar made his NBA debut with the Clippers, the same team that he last played for in the NBA.
Lamar has been out of the basketball court for nearly a year after he last played for the Clippers. On Feb. 18, Laboral Kutxa, also known as Baskonia, signed him on a two-month contract but the 34-year-old suffered a major setback on what could be the opportunity for him to showcase his basketball skills when he injured his back eventually forcing him to pull out of the said contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports