Lamar Odom Leaves Spanish Basketball Team to Play for the New York Knicks
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Even though Lamar Odom's back injury is reportedly the main reason why he bailed out of his basketball contract in Spain, a source close to the basketball athlete revealed that Lamar was actually hoping to get another shot and play at the National Basketball Association (NBA). Of course, nothing could be grander than playing for the most popular basketball league in the world.
The source revealed to Hollywood Life that it is true that Lamar is having some problems with his lower back but the 2011 Sixth Man of the Year's decision to withdraw his contract from the Spanish basketball club Baskonia would pave the way for him to train in the U.S and get fit and healthy.
"He really has to pick spots, and one of those spots is the New York Knicks, now that Phil Jackson is with the Knicks."
The source went on and said that Lamar will do the best that he can to prove Phil that he deserves a shot to be in the Knicks roster in 2015.
"It is his last chance," the source said.
Lamar was first rumoured to be interested in joining the Knicks in 2012. It was the time when Lamar's basketball career seemed to be going downhill.
ESPN's Ian Begley reported that Lamar, who was playing for the Dallas Mavericks then, was interested in playing for the Knicks and it has been reported that the team was considering of buying him out of his contract. However, the buyout did not take place. After playing for the Mavericks, Lamar returned to play for the Los Angeles Clippers in June 2012 before becoming a free agent a year after. Lamar made his NBA debut with the Clippers, the same team that he last played for in the NBA.
Lamar has been out of the basketball court for nearly a year after he last played for the Clippers. On Feb. 18, Laboral Kutxa, also known as Baskonia, signed him on a two-month contract but the 34-year-old suffered a major setback on what could be the opportunity for him to showcase his basketball skills when he injured his back eventually forcing him to pull out of the said contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features