Lamar Odom Leaves Spanish Basketball Team to Play for the New York Knicks
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Even though Lamar Odom's back injury is reportedly the main reason why he bailed out of his basketball contract in Spain, a source close to the basketball athlete revealed that Lamar was actually hoping to get another shot and play at the National Basketball Association (NBA). Of course, nothing could be grander than playing for the most popular basketball league in the world.
The source revealed to Hollywood Life that it is true that Lamar is having some problems with his lower back but the 2011 Sixth Man of the Year's decision to withdraw his contract from the Spanish basketball club Baskonia would pave the way for him to train in the U.S and get fit and healthy.
"He really has to pick spots, and one of those spots is the New York Knicks, now that Phil Jackson is with the Knicks."
The source went on and said that Lamar will do the best that he can to prove Phil that he deserves a shot to be in the Knicks roster in 2015.
"It is his last chance," the source said.
Lamar was first rumoured to be interested in joining the Knicks in 2012. It was the time when Lamar's basketball career seemed to be going downhill.
ESPN's Ian Begley reported that Lamar, who was playing for the Dallas Mavericks then, was interested in playing for the Knicks and it has been reported that the team was considering of buying him out of his contract. However, the buyout did not take place. After playing for the Mavericks, Lamar returned to play for the Los Angeles Clippers in June 2012 before becoming a free agent a year after. Lamar made his NBA debut with the Clippers, the same team that he last played for in the NBA.
Lamar has been out of the basketball court for nearly a year after he last played for the Clippers. On Feb. 18, Laboral Kutxa, also known as Baskonia, signed him on a two-month contract but the 34-year-old suffered a major setback on what could be the opportunity for him to showcase his basketball skills when he injured his back eventually forcing him to pull out of the said contract.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28